Hinckley Allen provides challenging and dynamic work in an environment that has been cited “Best Place to Work,” year after year. We are not your typical law firm. We care about our employees on both a personal and professional level, as showcased in our Advanced Professional Development program. Our competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a management team that supports growth and real work/life balance are just some of the things that allow us to attract and retain some of the nation’s top legal talent. If you are forward thinking, hardworking, and dedicated, we have a place for you!
Hinckley Allen has an opportunity for an experienced Legal Research and Knowledge Librarian in our Boston office. The Legal Research and Knowledge Librarian supports legal and business research needs of the attorneys and professional staff, and contributes to Knowledge Management initiatives that improve access to all types of firm information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains working knowledge of the library’s electronic and print collections, interlibrary loan availability, and other resources as appropriate
• Conducts in-depth research for a wide range of practice areas including corporate, litigation, real estate, and construction ; analyzes and synthesizes research ; provides written summary of research findings
• Contributes to the firm’s information distribution strategy via the portal; governs portal contributions from departments and practice groups ; advises on new delivery strategies
• Investigates creative uses of research tools to improve work processes, makes process recommendations, and develops training resources for library users including on-demand training, pathfinders, and other portal access points
• Prepares product usage reports using QuickView, PowerInvoice, and other tools
• Performs regular monitoring of news, dockets, legislative and regulatory changes, and other subject areas as needed; prepares related alerts and communications
• Locates documents using firm subscriptions and external resources via interlibrary loan
• Participates in data validation projects as needed
• Assists with daily maintenance of Boston library
• Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
• 5 or more years of experience in a law firm library is required
• Proficiency using online legal and business research tools
• Experience in the design and maintenance of a Sharepoint portal preferred
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate as a part of a cross-functional team
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, and an innovative mind-set
If you are interested in this position and would like to become a part of the Hinckley team please submit your resume.
About Hinckley Allen
Hinckley Allen is a multiservice law firm offering a full range of legal services and pragmatic business advice to regional, national and international clients, with practices including Construction, Corporate, Litigation, Real Estate, and Trusts & Estates. With our longstanding reputation for creating lasting, meaningful business relationships, we are more than just a law firm. We are a law firm that truly and fully engages with our clients.