The Manager IT/Software Engineer ensures that the software development and operational interests of Harris Health System are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems Department. This role will lead a team of technical analysts for software development, application support, and strategic project tasks. This role must be able to manage organizational priorities.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's, Computer Science, CIS, Math or related, ITIL Foundations V3, MCSD SharePoint Applications or MCSD App Builder
Work Experience (Years and Area):
Work Experience (Years and Area):
7 Years within IT organization. Hospital /HealthCare Organizations experience preferred.
Minimum of 3 years application experience.
Knowledge of the generally accepted coding standards and technical architectures.
Ability to understand clinical and business needs from both a functional and technical perspective.
Ability to take both needs and translate into viable application solutions.
Able to recommend best business practices and utilize business analysis skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and provide time sensitive solutions.
Knowledge of the generally accepted coding standards and technical architectures
Experience with mobile application development for apps released to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
Experience with Agile development methodologies
Knowledge of object-oriented design and proven implementation skills
ITIL Foundations v3
Management Experience (Years and Area): Prefer 5+ years' management experience leading a team of developers, business analysts, and system administrators, preferably C#, .Net and SharePoint
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing /Composing: Correspondence, Reports Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible
The ideal candidate will have:
5 years IT Management Experience
SharePoint Administrator Experience
Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Application Development Experience
Microsoft Team Foundation Server Experience
IT Change Management Experience
IT Project Management Experience
Experience developing and maintaining operational and capital budgets
Excellent customer service and relationship skills
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead team of software engineers for application development, support, and strategic project tasks.
2. Must be able to manage organizational priorities.
3. Assist in development and maintenance of policies, standards, and procedures to support to organization.
4. Assist in development and implementation of organization's application development strategy.
5. Implement best practices and coding standards for a development environment.
6. Recommend technical objectives for integration, reporting, security and disaster recovery.
7. Must have a thorough understanding of the limitations and opportunities of the applications supported.
8. Change Management knowledge and experience.
9. Ensure system health and stability by overseeing all maintenance efforts.
10. Report project activity and status to upper management.
11. Must be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously, be able to prioritize effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines. Know when to delegate.
12. Escalate issues appropriately and expeditiously to appropriate individuals.
13. Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot issues within applications being supported.
14. Demonstrate willingness to learn new applications.
15. Gather and document user requirements and needs and present recommendations for solutions.
16. Manage all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
17. Work harmoniously & professionally with all members of Help Desk staff, the end user community, application support personnel, and the HCHD management infrastructure.
18. Provide follow up or status on outstanding issues.
19. Support implementations of software products including: development of user documentation; test software; provide end user troubleshooting of software.
20. Maintain current, detailed knowledge of package and technical solutions available in the marketplace.
21. Attend off site training or certification courses or seminars as appropriate.
22. Must have working knowledge of Project Management Institute project standards.
Internal Number: 144401
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.