The Website Designer, under general supervision, is responsible for the design and maintenance of websites.
- Use various scripting languages and media creation tools to design and maintain the university website, web applications, and digital signage content, while complying with all Federal, State, TAMUS, and university brand standards and accessibility guidelines.
- Monitor existing web content for usage, accuracy, and accessibility compliance; coordinate corrections with university stakeholders and internal team members as needed; and provide reports related to accessibility and analytics to stakeholders at all levels.
- Consult with university departments and student organizations to gather content materials used to create and maintain the university website, extension websites, and other digital media.
- Train and support faculty, staff, and students in the use of web content management, digital signage, and early alert systems; and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials related to those systems. - Research and recommend web applications for use in the academic and business environments, to include applications, plugins, and APIs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, such as serving on governance committees, representing the institution at professional conferences, etc.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelorâ™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Some experience in website design and programming.
â¢ 2 or more years of professional experience in web design.
â¢ Advanced certification in web design, design tools, or web scripting languages.
â¢ Experience with Google Analytics and Google Web Master Tools.
â¢ Experience with Content Management Systems (Cascade) and associated APIâ™s.
â¢ Experience with digital signage and early alert systems.
â¢ Experience in technical writing or copy editing.
â¢ Familiar with web portals and learning management systems, such as Luminis, OneCampus, Canvas, etc.
Expert skills with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Strong understanding of web accessibility standards, to include Section 508 and WCAG 2.0. Strong verbal communication, written communication, and design process skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Hours: Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm Some evenings & weekends as needed per supervisor direction. (on call as needed)
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Internal Number: R-015531
About Texas A&M University - Central Texas
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is an upper-level university offering junior and senior-level coursework needed to successfully complete baccalaureate degrees and all coursework leading to the completion of graduate degrees. The University is committed to high quality, rigorous, and innovative learning experiences, and prepares students for lifelong learning through excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship.