TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
The Transaction Management Group (TMG) at TD Securities is hiring for a mid -to senior - level position in the TMG team in New York to cover the Debt Capital Markets, Asset-Backed Securities, Public Finance, and Leveraged Finance businesses. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing team with high internal visibility at the senior executive level within both TD Securities and TD Bank NA. The position will provide an opportunity to gain transaction experience across multiple products and asset classes, and a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced and dynamic trading floor environment.
- Transactional and advisory support to DCM/ABS/Public Finance/High Yield Origination, Syndicate, Sales & Trading teams:
Assist with new business solicitations
Review pitch materials
- Field Sales and investor questions
- Play integral role in transaction execution
Lead all stages of documentation
- Develop relationships with clients and external counsel
- Policy development and internal education
- Assist in new business initiatives and new product development
- Work with Support and Control teams to implement and develop internal procedures and controls
- Keep informed of new legal and regulatory developments
- Self-motivation - Expect high level of autonomy, roll-up-your sleeves can-do attitude
- Open, effective communicator - Oral and written communication skills highly valued
- Ability to prioritize - Expect fast-paced work environment with evolving priorities
- Attention to detail - Accuracy of work of utmost importance
- Fast learner - Ability to get up to speed quickly and learn about new procedures, products and clients
- Judgment - Ability to client-face, use professional judgment in various situations
- Team-oriented - Work in a small team of 4 within a larger business team
Minimum of 8 years' experience in a law firm, investment bank, legal department, or transaction execution group
- A combination of law firm and in- house experience preferred
- Preference for lawyers qualified to practice in NY state with high yield or ABS experience
- Juris Doctorate, member of NY State Bar
- 1933 and 1934 Act knowledge
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Internal Number: 5161753
About TD Bank Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.