The UK & Ireland Group of ComfortDelGro Corporation is an expanding Land Transport business with interests in Bus, Coach, Taxis and Rail with a combined Turnover of over £500m per annum. The Division is growing through a mix of organic and acquisition and currently comprises of 11 operating businesses in London, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, Aberdeen and Ireland.
ComfortDelGro Corporation with a Head Office in Singapore is one of the World’s Largest Land Transport businesses with operations in 7 countries, covering 42,000 vehicles and 21,000 employees. It is listed as one of the 30 largest entities on the Singapore Stock Market.
Due to the growth within the UK & Ireland business unit, an internal audit role has been set up in UK, with duel reporting to the UK & Ireland Audit Committee and to the Group Internal Audit Officer based in Singapore. Administrative Day to Day Reporting line will be to the CEO UK & Ireland
The internal auditor’s main duties comprised 3 key aspects:
1) Develop and executing audit programs across financial, operational, compliance and IT.
2) Make recommendations to the audit findings and work with management in producing a fully resourced plan of action and timelines to implement the changes.
3) Follow up on the recommendations to implementation. This requires taking direct intervention should the agreed actions and plan not be delivered as anticipated.
The audit focus consists of the following:
· Financial audit on financial reporting process, assurance on revenue, key profit and loss and balance sheet items.
· Review cash management and banking processes such as financial authority limits, bank mandates and electronic bank payment system administration
· Perform audit fieldwork at garages, workshops and branches to review the operational processes and systems.
· Review and advise on operating procedures and process flowcharting to improve visibility of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) across the business units
· Review systems, process and procedure are in line and comply with Group policies, recommend to modify where appropriate to cater for UK & Ireland operations.
· Ensure compliance of GDPR, government regulations, safety and industry specific standards.
IT Systems Audit
· IT audit on system applications, network infrastructure, office automation and IT helpdesk.
· Supporting duties include working closely with IT and Finance colleagues in the initial system applications planning, design, implementation, and advise on internal controls, IT security issues.
· Facilitate in translating users and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications, which could effectively interface among operational sub-systems and financial systems.
There are career development opportunities in taking up an operational role in one of the many business units in UK & Ireland ComfortDelGro Group, as well as traveling for audit at other ComfortDelGro subsidiaries in Singapore and Australia.
Competency and Experience Requirements:
Self-motivated, having determination and confidence
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent problem-solving skills
A keen interest ERP and financial systems
Solid data analysis, interpretation and evaluation abilities.
Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
Strong IT skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
Theoretical and practical awareness of business risk and control frameworks and CIA Professional Standards.
Minimum of a Degree level education plus further professional qualifications (CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) preferable. Minimum of 5 years in similar roles.
Internal Number: N/A
About The UK & Ireland Group of ComfortDelGro Corporation
ComfortDelGro is one of the world’s largest land transport companies with a total fleet size of over 42,100 buses, taxis and rental vehicles. We operate in seven countries – Singapore, Australia, China, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Vietnam and Malaysia.