Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources provide support and strategy at every level of Morgan Stanley's business. It helps firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation. HR Business Partners work with individual business units to deliver services in data analysis, employee relations, compensation analysis and performance management. Other HR teams are product-focused, specializing in compensation, benefits, recruiting, reporting and learning and development services.
The role will provide generalist support primarily to the Budapest Finance Division. The role also requires strong partnership with HR colleagues based in London and EMEA as well as members of the Global HR team based in NY. The role reports into the Head of Budapest Coverage.
You must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with senior members of the business on a range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
Talent Management: -
- Partner with the business to develop a holistic Talent Strategy and partner with the Talent and Diversity & Inclusion teams to implement. - Ensure performance evaluation processes are introduced and understood by the business, advising managers on content where necessary. - Implement and coordinate the divisional talent ranking process for the EMEA region. - Manage annual promotion processes, partnering with the business to ensure this is fair, robust and transparent.
Reward and Compensation: -
- Work collaboratively with managers, data team and HR counterparts in NY during the annual Year End compensation processes. - Advise managers to ensure fair, objective and appropriate compensation decisions are made. - Stay abreast of market developments in order to be able to provide business with valuable market insight.
- Work proactively with the business and the internal recruitment team on recruitment situations, including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates and effective sourcing of lateral hires. - Work with and in some cases influence managers to ensure we are hiring the right calibre of candidates. - Work with managers and the Compensation & Data team to determine appropriate compensation levels for new hires.
- Work with business to advise on the interpretation and application of Morgan Stanley policies and procedures. - Advise and coach managers across a range of employee relations issues – including performance and conduct - taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome. - Partner with internal control functions – such as Employment Legal, Employee Relations, Compliance, Conduct, Risk - to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
- Work with the HR Data team to provide appropriate, timely and value-add management information that informs decision making. - Assist business unit with the interpretation of metrics, including Employee
- Engagement Survey output.
- Degree educated from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field, or equivalent - The candidate must have an HR Generalist background. Previous HR experience within an international environment is a distinct advantage. - Ability to manage and develop relationships within a complex matrix management structure. - Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail are critical. - Full proficiency in written and spoken English as well as excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels. - Ability to influence and persuade clients and colleagues. - Ability to multi-task, perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change. - Solutions-based approach with strong results focus and ability to execute and deliver. - High levels of professionalism and integrity. - Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Internal Number: 5200051
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.