BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture and construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership serving clients nationwide, earning national design awards and exposure. BKV Group strives to develop creative, innovative solutions in our primary market sectors of multifamily housing, government, corporate, hospitality and education. For more information, visit www.bkvgroup.com.
SUMMARY Works directly with the Specification's Director as part of BKV's growing interdisciplinary, multi-office A/E firm, in coordination with design disciplines, to produce quality contract documentation for projects, while using, maintaining, and developing office specifications resources.
Primary Responsibilities: Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Preparing project manuals for projects.
• Specifications writing and editing.
• Serving as a resource to project teams.
• Coordinating work among in-house disciplines.
• Contributing to process and document standards, and quality goals.
• Contributing to specifications resources and initiatives.
• Researching new products.
Job Requirements: • Must have four years’ college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 10+ years related experience required.
• Minimum CSI-Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT); preference for CSI-Certified Construction Specifier (CCS).
• Must be proficient in written and verbal communication, CSI practice standards and specifications writing methods and tools, researching and reading, working with data and information, coordination with other design professionals; knowledge of construction methods, products, and materials, project manuals and construction documents.
About BKV Group
Established in 1978, BKV Group is an established leader in architecture, engineering, interior design, and landscape architecture. Our multi-disciplinary firm consistently ranks as one of the top design firms with a portfolio that includes multiple award-winning projects. BKV Group strives to develop creative, innovative solutions that meet our client’s goals & realize their vision. Our primary market sectors include multifamily housing and development, corporate and hospitality, government, and education.