Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment Strategy group at Wellington is responsible for multi-manager, multi-asset and custom solutions, managing various outcome oriented, factor, alternative risk premia and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The team also provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research.
As part of continued growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Analyst to join the team in London.
Responsibilities will include:
* Work closely with members of the Investment Strategy group to deliver best-in-class investment advice, research and investment outcomes to institutional clients across the EMEA region;
* Develop a deep understanding of internal investment capabilities and client investment needs;
* Conduct strategic asset allocation (SAA) research into portfolio construction and capital markets topics, to aid both client advisory discussions and the design and ongoing management of investment solutions. This will involve using existing frameworks and tools but also the development of new SAA capabilities;
* Undertake research related to our Capital Market Assumptions (CMA) and Dynamic Asset Allocation (DAA) process to help investors and clients understand return and risk at the asset class level over different time horizons;
* Conduct bespoke investment advice and research projects for large, strategic clients of the firm;
* Support the team's role in external thought leadership e.g., help to produce investment content for whitepapers and client seminars;
* Collaborate with investors and analysts from across our investment platform (Macro, Fixed Income, Equity, Industry Analysis, Commodity, Derivatives, Quantitative and Risk) on investment-led projects;
* Research and design systematic screens and quantitative models across the multi-asset landscape;
* Contribute to the strong investment culture of the team and the firm;
* Contribute to the delivery of strong investment results for clients;
The successful candidate is likely to have the following attributes and qualifications:
* Strong academic background, ideally including an advanced degree in Finance or Economics (or a related subject) and/or a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA charter);
* 5-10 years of relevant professional experience, gained within asset management, investment consultancy or sell-side research;
* Proven research experience across multi-asset and/or global macro, and a passion for investing and capital markets;
* Experience in SAA, DAA and tactical investment research, as well as a strong grasp of macro and risk factor-based drivers of capital markets;
* Experience of quantitative programming, and modelling skills in Python/R/MATLAB, preferably with the intellectual curiosity and ability to build out frameworks and processes;
* Demonstrated ability to ramp quickly in new research areas, and to rotate to the next topic as needed;
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a highly collaborative team, where respectful debate is encouraged to best deliver client outcomes;
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential traits, as are versatility and creative problem solving.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Investment Strategy Analyst (Multi-Asset Research)
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 5209966
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.