Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US1trn in assets under management as of 30 June 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Risk Manager to join our Investment Products & Strategies team in London. This is a new role, and reflects the firm's ongoing commitment to developing the appropriate infrastructure around the governance of mandates managed for clients falling under EU regulatory regimes, such as UCITS and AIFMD.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Wellington's investment strategies, and for overseeing and enhancing the infrastructure and controls required to ensure that they are managed in compliance with UCITS, AIFMD and other regulatory frameworks. He/she will engage externally to build their knowledge of industry best practices, trends and changes to regulation. He/she will also work closely with a number of internal teams including Portfolio Management, Investment Science, the Funds Group and Relationship Management to ensure client expectations are met, as well as Wellington's contractual obligations. He/she will also engage in the product development process, to evaluate strategy suitability within UCITS and other frameworks.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assess the firm's investment risk management policies and procedures, as they relate to mandates falling under EU regulatory regimes, such as UCITS and AIFMD;
* Ensure compliance with global exposure, leverage limits under EU regulation, in the firm's role as Investment Manager;
* Review client IMAs, prospectuses, guidelines, RMPs and the like;
* Ensure that collateral management complies with UCITS requirements and client policies;
* Identify, escalate and resolve risk issues;
* Advise on asset eligibility questions;
* Engage in the product development process, and advise on suitability challenges;
* Interact with clients when investment risk issues and/or enquiries are raised;
* Build connections within the industry to assess marketplace and regulatory changes/developments;
* Oversee client risk management process documents, where we are asked to comment as the Investment Manager;
* Add new regulatory frameworks to the risk management programme (e.g. KaMaRisk in Germany).
The successful candidate is likely to:
* Have a strong academic background, ideally including a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. Masters degree, CFA, FRM);
* Have 10+ years of relevant professional experience, gained within the Asset Management industry;
* Be an expert on risk management requirements under UCITS and AIFMD, including knowledge of VaR and Commitment Approach methodologies;
* Be able to work independently as well as part of a team, to identify, research, and resolve unfamiliar issues;
* Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently document intricate business processes;
* Have a strong interest in global business matters, including the ability to work across offices, team and cultures;
* Have strong interpersonal skills, in order to interact effectively with colleagues and with senior management;
* Demonstrate interest in building technology and data solutions.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Risk Manager (UCITS)
JOB FAMILY Investment Risk Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 5210046
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.