One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2018, UHS was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and in 2017, ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
UHS is currently recruiting for our CNO at Wellington Regional Medical Center (West Palm Beach, FL). Wellington Regional Medical Center is a 233-bed, acute care hospital, proud to have provided high quality healthcare services to the residents of Palm Beach County since 1986. As a community hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission and recognized as a "top performer", Wellington Regional prides itself on its continued commitment to remain on the forefront of advanced technologies and expand programs and services to meet the needs of the growing community it serves.
The Chief Nursing Officer is a key member of the Hospital Leadership Team who will integrate and coordinate a patient centric nursing strategy with a keen focus on patient care; ensuring that delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Universal Health Services and in accordance with government regulation, licensing and accreditation requirements. The CNO participates in the hospital's strategic planning and contributes to the achievement of institutional goals and objectives. The Chief Nursing Officer will focus on 4 key areas: People, Service, Quality, Growth, and Finance
PEOPLE: Creates an environment which supports employee development and teamwork to deliver compassionate patient care.
1. Coaches and provides feedback to subordinate staff to ensure consistency of staff supervision. 2. Encourages continuous learning through mentoring, education and knowledge sharing. 3. Develops and carries out plans to ensure the technical, professional and managerial proficiency of all subordinate staff in accordance with regulatory, professional, licensing standards and UHS professional development programs. 4. Implements standards of care and practice in every nursing specialty area to address national evidence-based practice guidelines. 5. Implements High Reliability Patient Care Units to support excellence. 6. Coordinates initiatives for evidence-based practice within nurse practice councils and in high reliability teams.
SERVICE: Creates systems, processes and care standards to support the delivery of patient care in a safe, fiscally sound environment of service excellence.
1. Ensures proper management and clinical documentation, reporting and analysis for nursing and assigned patient care activities in compliance with UHS management, regulatory and accreditation requirements. 2. Represents nursing and assigned patient care functions during the Joint Commission and regulatory compliance reviews and managed care organization interface. 3. Practices and requires staff to demonstrate their daily commitment to Service Excellence Standards in job related functions and activities. Champions the importance of Service Excellence in communication with staff. Recognizes and rewards those who demonstrate a commitment to Service Excellence on a regular basis as well as in annual performance reviews. Requires and manages to annual Service Excellence Action Plans. Builds a culture that is focused on quality / safe patient care and is open and receptive to changes to improve clinical care. 4. Participates in the decision making associated with the purchase of clinical, patient care equipment and computerized technologies to support the delivery of safe, quality patient care.
QUALITY: Provides accessible, timely, efficient, cost effective care by utilizing evidenced -based practice and continuous performance improvement.
1. Assesses patient needs and services to identify trends and opportunities to advance the hospital's market position, ensuring Quality / Safe patient care. 2. Reinforces the hospital's business strategy in day-to-day interactions with staff. 3. Builds a culture of safety that is open and receptive to changes to improve clinical care. 4. Emphasizes the importance of employee engagement to build a stable, productive workforce. 5. Directs or assigns responsibility for quality ensuring policies and procedures are accessed and reflect current evidence based practice information.
GROWTH/COMMUNITY: Fosters an environment that supports growth and community through activities, partnerships and shared goals.
1. Participates in public relations, marketing and communication of hospital services to patients and payers such as insurance companies and managed care organizations. Assesses patient needs and services to identify trends and opportunities to advance the hospital's market position. 2. Emphasizes the importance of employee engagement to build a stable, productive workforce. 3. Chairs or participates on various management and ad hoc committees, project teams and task forces. Proactively addresses issues that require nursing input through various committees. 4. Promotes the hospital and its capabilities at networking events. 5. Shapes organizational expertise by promoting best practices and by recognizing excellence in clinical or professional practice.
FINANCE: Supports an environment of financial stability to achieve the UHS mission and strategy.
1. Utilizes performance indicators to monitor department performance and operational goals. 2. Directs the nursing and assigned clinical support services to achieve operating goals consistent with financial plans. Ensures appropriate resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective nursing care. Responsible for developing and managing the fiscal plan for the patient care units and direct report departments. Prepares departmental budgets and takes corrective action to ensure adherence to budget. 3. Develops, monitors, adjusts FTE levels to achieve budgeted staffing levels, organizational goals, accepted staffing models within the industry, and patient care needs defined by law, physician orders and/or a standardized nursing workload measurement system. Develops, monitors, adjusts FTE levels to meet the recruiting and professional development goals for nursing staff.
This opportunity offers the following:
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Excellent medical, dental vision and prescription plan