The department exists to provide administration activities which support trade settlement in the market and accurate start of day positions for their clients.
· This support includes: · Trade capture across Securities, Collateral, FX and Money Market products · Trade matching via electronic platform and manual confirmations · Trade settlement · Cash and Stock Reconciliation · Client, Broker and Custodian Reporting
The Trade management team is responsible for the above client service in relation to securities products including equities, bonds and unit trusts and cash products including FX, money market and loans.
Key Responsibilities of the Team
· Client Service Delivery and controls · To ensure a high quality client service is delivered to all clients · Ensure the service level provided by the team adheres to the Client Service Delivery agreements · Ensure adherence to core standard operating models · Build strong, professional relationships with clients · Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support · Support external counter party relationships, providing feedback for performance reviews e.g. brokers and custodians
Continuous Improvement & New Business
· Proactive generation of ideas for improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and Service strategic objectives. · Involvement in the design and implementation of resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations · Innovate & continually challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program · Be a subject matter expert in your team, striving to expand on build on knowledge on a continuous basis
· Adherence to the risk and control framework, including team and departmental procedures · Accuracy - focusing on getting it right first time · Support business contingency plans as required · Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and correctly followed to mitigate operational risk · Ensure that internal and external audit/compliance/risk requirements are met
Personal Development · Proactively manage own personal development through engagement with manager on development plan · Consider personal objectives in line with business objectives, driving forward personal development opportunities
· Understand the factors which influence unit cost e.g. capacity/workload drivers Strategy and Governance · Contribute to raising the profile of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the following Skills and Experience;
· Product knowledge · Strong risk management awareness · Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail · Involvement in change initiatives with ability to adapt with ease · Strong client service skills · Familiarity financial markets · Accounting Practices (desirable) · IOC qualification (desirable)
This a great opportunity for anyone with experience of working within operations and has experience of trade/settlement and/or reconciliation, used to working with teams and is looking to move into a challenging environment. Please contact Colette McKay on 0131 473 5025 for a confidential chat or email me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Number: 5229347
About Change Recruitment Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.