The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise and leadership and to assist the Head Coach in the management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
1. Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of practices and contests.
2. Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
3. Assist in implementing a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
4. Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the conference, the NCAA, the departmental policy manual, and the university.
5. Attend and participates in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
6. Coordinate and implement the eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
7. Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
8. Develop and participate in fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with athletic advancement through the Falcon Club.
9. Represent the University at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs as requested by the head coach.
10. Encourage an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community.
11. Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the Athletics Program.
12. Remain in full compliance with NCAA, University, and Gulf South Conference rules.
13. Comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and acknowledge this compliance as part of an annual evaluation process.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. The individual holding this position will serve as a representative of the University and, as such, shall promote a positive impression by demonstrating a collegial and professional customer-service approach at all times. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to: Supervise, as assigned, all assistant coaches, graduate assistants, interns and student workers.
1-3 years of previous college coaching
Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision; Ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities; Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards; Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Valid driver’s license • Acceptable driving record • Successful completion of DII Coaches Exam per NCAA guidelines • Successful completion of First Aid, CPR and AED certifications per NCAA guidelines
Additional Salary Information: 10 month position
About University of Montevallo
The University of Montevallo, a public liberal arts college with an enrollment of 3,200 students, is located 35 miles south of Birmingham, Alabama, and is a member of NCAA Division II and the Peach Belt Conference. Please go to http://www.montevallo.edu for additional information.