We are a premier international law firm headquartered in New York, currently seeking a Career Advisor with strong interpersonal, organizational and entrepreneurial skills to develop and lead a career services program for Davis Polk lawyers and alumni.
The Career Advisor will work with the Senior Alumni Manager to develop, manage and implement a program to assist current lawyers and alumni with career transitions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement a robust and innovative career services program for lawyers and alumni.
· Develop measurable goals and track success of career services program.
· Collaborate on key initiatives and strategic planning tied to career services across firm departments.
· Develop trusted advisor relationships with and provide one-on-one support to associates and alumni navigating career transitions.
· Work with partners to identify job opportunities at client organizations.
· Develop and maintain relationships with alumni, recruiters and clients to solicit information about current and future job openings.
· Create networking opportunities among lawyers, clients and alumni.
· Before an active job search, assist associates and alumni with career planning.
· During an active job search, advise associates and alumni on all aspects of career search process (including search strategies, interview preparation, resume review, etc.).
· Leverage technology tools/platforms to provide top-notch and sophisticated career services.
· Identify job opportunities in the corporate, nonprofit and government sectors.
· Stay up-to-date on local job market across industries and report on general trends.
· Collaborate with the events team, the firm’s internal conference services department and external venues/vendors to plan and execute career development workshops, panel discussions, webinars, and other events.
· Ability to inspire trust and exercise discretion, confidentiality and exemplary judgment.
· Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Empathic listener and creative problem-solver.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain executive credibility and presence.
· Highly professional demeanor and self-directed approach to work.
· Demonstrate strategic business acumen and analytical mindset.
· Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaborate with others and work well in a team.
· Bachelor degree required (JD or other advanced degree preferred).
· Minimum of four years’ experience in the legal, professional services, higher education or recruiting industry.
· Coaching experience a plus.
· Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
· Knowledge of Contact Relationship Management systems a plus.
About Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP is a global law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices in New York, Northern
California, Washington DC, London, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Beijing, São Paulo and Tokyo. Since its
founding more than 165 years ago, Davis Polk has established itself as the firm of choice for major
corporations and financial institutions worldwide on their most complex and often precedent-setting
transactions and significant litigation matters of all kinds. Our lawyers are recognized globally among the
very top practitioners in their respective fields, and our non-legal professional staff shares the same
commitment to excellence and service that has long been the hallmark of our firm.