Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Cytology Technician to work Part Time at North Point Laboratory. North Point is a small laboratory with a focus on GYN Paps. The address is 9229 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75243. Salary range is Minimum $32.97/hr. to Maximum $47.01/hr. – based on relevant experience Work Schedule
* Part Time; 28 hours
* Primary hours will be 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM with flexible hours
Job Description Under the direction of the Medical Director and Pathology Manager, completes ThinPrep Pap smear screening and nongynecological screening. Participate in molecular testing with appropriate training if approved by QA Manager. May be asked to participate in general cytology processing when necessary to accommodate staffing issues.
* Screens both gynecological and non-gynecological specimens within the established workload limits * Participates in quality control of the gynecological specimens with the appropriate level of experience * Documents the number of cases screened and hours spent screening daily * Participates in CAP continuing education slide reviews and complete the required number of continuing education hours with acceptable performance * Maintains microscopes * Communicates on the phone with clinics and resolves problems in a professional manner * Generates Monthly QA reports as instructed by Pathology Manager * Performs other duties a required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree * Proof of prior completion/pass of 2018 CAP PT Proficiency test required * 5 years of Cytology experience preferred * Experience with ThinPrep Microscope Imager and Processing preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
* CT (ASCP) Cytotechnologist upon hire * ThinPrep Pap Test Certification within 90 days of hire
Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of appropriate lab and regulatory guidelines including, but not limited to: CLIA, CAP, CLSI (NCCLS), Texas Department of Health, EPA regulations regarding regulated waste disposal. * Excellent communication skills. * Ability to work in data entry, processing, testing and reporting. * Has a good working knowledge of the computer system for result entry and data entry.
Why Texas Health Resources? Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights:
* 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row) * 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row) * 2018 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor