Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best- This is the cornerstone of our service –oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, Government Contract Solutions, Inc. (GCS) a wholly owned subsidiary of Preferred Systems Solutions (PSS) has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. GCS, Inc. has an exciting opening for an experienced Senior Cost & Pricing Specialist to join our clients Contracts & Grants Administration Office, located in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Job Type: Full Time - Direct Hire
Title: Senior Cost & Pricing Specialist
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
Salary Range: $100,000 - $130,000k
Job Department Overview:
The Contracts and Grants Administration office is responsible for ensuring company compliance with all aspects of the procurement processes, awarded Contracts, Cooperative Agreements and Grants’ administration of all applicable regulations and requirements as set forth by the US Government, International Donors, cooperating countries, partners, and grantees. The Contracts and Grants Administration office is also responsible for ensuring projections and budget alignment to ensure successful implementation of all company projects and agreements. In line with this, the office is seeking a Senior Cost & Pricing Specialist to assist in achieving this objective.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Contracts and Grants Administration, the Senior Cost and Pricing Specialist will be responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
• Actively contributes to the strategic business development of the company.
• Participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Applications (RFAs) from federal, state, international agencies and donors for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm.
• Engage in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing data and methodologies.
• Strategize company’s competitive position and work with senior officers to develop the proposal outlines and the budget structure.
• Prepare and oversee complex cost proposals and submissions to donor agencies in response to Request for Proposals (RFP's), Requests for Applications (RFA's) and other funding opportunities in coordination with program staff at their headquarters and field offices; Submit list of questions on the solicitation document to the Donors and clients.
• Review the cost and business requirements of RFP's and RFA's and clients’ requests for various types of Awards taking into consideration anticipated modifications.
• Participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach(s) responding to various type of competition.
• Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation
• In compliance with the RFP's and RFA's requirements and company pricing standards, provide effective pricing direction and support to the proposal team.
• Ensure required cost proposal schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
• Review all pricing data submitted by proposal team and partners and subcontractors for accuracy and completeness of their cost proposals in line with the requirements of the clients.
• Work with the appropriate Contracts & Grants Officer(s) in preparing and coordinating business volume requirements.
• Review and maintain cost proposal-related records and databases.
• Bring any deviations from the norm and communicate notable findings with recommendations to the attention of company’s senior management, with the intent of enhancing the cost and pricing methodologies.
• At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required or equivalent experience
• 5-7 plus years of experience in preparing cost proposals for USAID solicitations.
• Knowledge of government acquisition & assistance and USAID rules and regulations. Knowledge of DfID, WHO, MCC, Global Fund, Gates Foundation and other donors’ regulation and Funding requirements is desired. Strong knowledge of the federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) are REQUIRED.
• *Strong knowledge of various contract types including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, time & material, grants and cooperative agreements are REQUIRED
• Excellent skills in analyzing government contracts for compliance, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects.
• High level of Excel proficiency is required.
• Strong writing skills and computer proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, and a track record of being a team player with flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements are essential.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
• Must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Deltek System One, GCS Premier and/or Costpoint is desirable.
• Ability to work well with multiple deadlines and under pressure
Internal Number: 4862
About GCS, Inc.
Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges.
GCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.