Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Director of Event Production provides leadership, direction, and management for all departments related to the production of live events, event day services special event operations, and all technical services provided by the T-Mobile Arena.
The Director of Event Production ensures all activities performed within the reporting departments are in accordance with the company's business objectives, budget guidelines, mission statement, and core service standards.
- Supports the Executive Director and Corporate Entertainment team in the development and implementation of the strategic plan and vision for the T-Mobile Arena consistent with MGM Resort International objectives.
- Assumes General Manager responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Director T-Mobile Arena.
- Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of division operations, fiscal budgets, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for T-Mobile Arena.
- Provides leadership and operational direction for the Event Services,Theater Conversion, and Event Services/Technical/Production departments within the T-Mobile Arena.
- Executes all technical advances with touring production personnel for concerts, televised events, sporting events, and any other public events in the Theater.
- Manages production walk-throughs and technical advances with corporate clients for private events.
- Serves as a production liaison with property and corporate sales entities to ensure optimal experiences are delivered to internal and external clients.
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure all events are produced in an efficient and timely manner while ensuring procedures are in place to maintain security, safety and enjoyment of clients, guests and employees on a daily and event basis.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director T-Mobile Arena with the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new venues, products, services, technology, and processes to ensure the T-Mobile Arena’s competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/entertainment environment.
- Develops new techniques of service focused on quality, maximum event promoter/producer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Selects, contracts with, and monitors work of qualified professionals and vendors for the various outsourced operations and equipment suppliers.
- Develops operational and capital budgets for all technical equipment and event services used to produce live events.
- Directs all audio-visual equipment and technical services provided by or installed in the theater such as LED, projection and IPTV systems, content creation and programming.
- Develops effective working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government agencies.
- Provides leadership for the division's human resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Ensures all reporting arena policies, procedures, and practices are consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
Must be at least 21 years or older.
At least 7 or more years experience in the event management industry.
At least 5 or more years management or supervisory experience.
Ability to utilize advanced knowledge of room décor design including stage, vignettes, lounges, wall, entry and ceiling treatments, design, conceptualization, art and color.
Ability to utilize advanced competency in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation.
Ability to utilize advanced experience in managing revenue, budget and profitability associated with events.
Ability to work autonomously and within teams and serves as a trusted liaison with internal constituents.
Ability to utilize advanced knowledge of event production including entertainment and audio visual.
Ability to demonstrate exceptional motivational, inspirational, and communication abilities.
Ability to manage multiple events under tight deadlines in a high-energy environment.
Ability to understanding of prop production, spatial limitations, scale, proportion.
Ability to lead by example with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
Ability to thrive in a changing environment with evolving priorities.
Ability to utilize conflict resolution skills.
Working knowledge of interviewing, managing, training, counseling, problem solving and decision making.
Working knowledge of production techniques, materials, tools, finishes, color and design.
Working knowledge of hospitality bookings.
Working knowledge of HR policy.
Excellent customer service skills.
Able to lead and mentor a team.
Have interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Work varied shifts, including nights and weekends.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Able to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or em...ail firstname.lastname@example.org.