The Faculty Research Support Team Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Forth Worth, Texas is seeking to hire a Proposal Support Specialist to join our team. At the direction of the Executive Director of the Faculty Research Support Team, this position provides direct professional support and guidance in the administration of grants, contracts and related funds to faculty and staff in an assigned portfolio of departments. This position provides high levels of client satisfaction through strong relationship management efforts.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide direction, training and assistance to Principal Investigators and department staff in the development of sponsored project proposals, including but not limited to budgeting, interpretation of sponsor terms and guidelines, and University policies and procedures.
* Ensure that proposals meet sponsor requirements, regulatory compliance requirements, and University, Federal and State policies and regulations governing sponsored research, and that proposals are submitted to the Office of Sponsored Programs correctly and according to appropriate deadlines.
* Cultivate and maintain strong working partnerships and effective communications with faculty, OSP, and other key partners.
* Guide faculty and staff through changes in sponsor requirements.
* Facilitate an effective transfer of grants and contracts for newly recruited Faculty.
* Ensure all required information is entered into the appropriate data systems.
* Partner with OSP to facilitate agreements, including subcontracts.
* Analyze and understand complex information from multiple sources including funding opportunity announcements and funding interest matches.
* Assist with policies and procedures and assist with audits.
* Develop and present workshops on various proposal development topics.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and four (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Up to date knowledge of applicable law, and federal and state grant guidelines, including but not limited to FARS, DFARS, 2 CFR 200, and Uniform Grant Management Standards.
* Understands and respects the need for structured guidelines and protocols but is willing to ask for clarification if something doesn't make sense and could cause unnecessary problems for a Co-Worker, the organization or could result in less than an excellent level of service for a Customer.
* Attentive to details.
* Asks questions to accurately document information and update records.
* Excellent communication and follow-up.
* Copes with stress or pressure in a way that is transparent to others.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: 5981
About University of North Texas Health Science Center
The University of North Texas System includes the University of North Texas in
Denton, the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth and the
University of North Texas at Dallas. The UNT System is the only public university
system headquartered in Dallas-Fort Worth – the fourth-largest metropolitan area
in the United States. The UNT System is dedicated to serving our students and this
diverse region through a wide offering of degree plans and research initiatives. With
combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students, the UNT System awards more than
9,000 degrees each year – including the largest number of master’s and doctoral
degrees in the DFW region. The UNT System has an annual budget of $1 billion and
boosts the Texas economy by $5.2 billion each year.