Change recruitment group are working with a bank experiencing significant growth who are looking to add to their risk modelling department. If you have SAS and/or predictive modelling experience, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
The Analyst in the Predictive Modelling team provides expert technical modelling capability to maintain and develop the bank's suite of capital and other models (including credit scorecards, affordability models, fraud identification and behavioural analysis of liquidity drivers) ensuring they comply with regulatory requirements and support the bank to achieve business objectives.
Their responsibilities include the design, build and enhancement of new and existing models and the analysis and recommendation of proposals to vary approaches that align with the maturity and risk profile of the bank's portfolio and that continues to meet regulatory standards, whilst maximising the effective use of capital and other business resources.
· Maintain strong relationships with Risk colleagues, line managers and RLT. · Support managers to monitor, evaluate and challenge business stakeholder's success in identifying, managing and reporting risk in line with regulatory requirements. Work with colleagues from other business areas to share specialist knowledge and support them to operate an effective risk culture.
Leadership & communication
· Support managers to achieve delivery of team and department plans, initiatives and projects. · Take responsibility for self development, including the appropriate prioritisation of work and to demonstrate the culture.
Strategic direction/direction setting
· Maintain, share and continuously develop an excellent level of capital, credit, fraud and behavioural modelling knowledge and technical expertise. · Carry out analysis of the bank's portfolio and support managers to input to new capital, credit , fraud and liquidity risk strategies to achieving business objectives · Provide input to strategic risk assessments and initiatives across the Group.
· Propose changes to policies, frameworks, processes, systems and limits arising from the interpretation of changes in regulation and/or business requirements to ensure the bank remains compliant.
· Perform comprehensive and accurate risk assessment and stress and scenario testing activity as directed by managers and senior leaders in Risk.
· Carry out best practice risk management activity to ensure accurate and consistent risk oversight.
· Monitor business wide performance against model expectation to provide managers with early warning signs of adverse risk trends and emerging risks, including recommendations for model enhancement and resolution. · Develop and produce consistent, accurate & timely modelling risk MI and reporting for managers and senior leaders to ensure effective oversight of model performance for new and existing products/strategies. · Support the production of reports for relevant Credit Risk Committees, Risk Management Committee and support the Risk Executive in preparing reports to the Board.
Risk Framework · Make use of approved risk frameworks, processes, models and/or systems, overseeing improvements arising from recommendations made.
DELEGATED AUTHORITIES · The role holder should adhere to the guidelines as set out in the Delegated Authorities standard
KEY RISK ACCOUNTABILITIES · Perform analysis to evidence that risk management policies, processes and "Be safe" requirements are operating effectively and in accordance with the Company's risk appetite and risk and control framework and are compliant.
USER ACCESS CONTROLS · The role holder should adhere to the guidelines as set out in the User Access Control standard
· Degree educated in a numerate discipline. · Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) in a numerate discipline. · Previous capital modelling experience, ideally in retail banking and with knowledge of retail banking products. · Well developed statistical modelling skills for IRB portfolios, scorecards or provisioning and forecasting in (and in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word are essential. · Experience presenting to a senior / executive audience and in Board & committee reporting is required. · Experience of working in a team, across geographical boundaries is preferred.
For more information please contact Craig McKellar
Internal Number: 5500753
About Change Recruitment Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.