The Operations Support team is comprised of the Communication Center and Emergency Management – Preparedness, which includes several functions; one of which is the Driver Training team. The Driver Training group is made up of the Manager and two Driver Trainers. As DEN continues to expand, the increase in the number of individuals with driving privileges grows.
At DEN we have a regulatory and safety responsible to provide adequate oversight and instruction to all vehicle operators on the airfield. In this position you will provide the ability to examine each organization to ensure compliance with airport rules and regulations, increasing overall safety and minimizing risks associated with non-compliance. You will oversee curriculum and administration of the driving program, while managing a team of trainers
We are looking for someone passionate about aviation, who demonstrates initiative, leadership ability and who will work to enhance our team environment. In addition, our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Working knowledge and/or training in Safety Management Systems, including Safety Risk Analysis, and Human Factors.
· 3 years in airport operations or pilot work, with extensive airfield experience in a medium or large commercial airport
· Radio communications experience w/ air traffic control tower
· Working knowledge of relevant regulations
· Possess extensive experience in training, preferably in an adult environment and with a formal training certification
· Knowledge of budgeting principles and practices sufficient to be able to administer a budget to accomplish program objectives
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
· Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management, Business Administration, Management or a related field.
· Experience: Three years of experience of the type and at the level of Airport Operations Officer – Airfield and Ramp Tower supporting field operations in a medium or large hub civilian airport or military facility.
· Education and Experience Equivalency: One year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
Licensure/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About City and County of Denver
Denver International Airport is the 19th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 58.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and has been named the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of the city and have a hand in creating our future. At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.