Job Requisition Number: 26426. The Innovative Genomics Institute is composed of diverse researchers with a powerful combined expertise. After the development of the CRISPR-Cas9 system for rewriting DNA, we saw the potential of applying this technology to solve some of humanity’s greatest problems. Our scientists conduct world-class research, driven by the real possibility to cure human disease, end hunger, and protect the environment.
In addition to our scientific efforts, the IGI is committed to advancing public understanding of genome engineering and providing resources for the broader community.
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports to the IGI Chief of Staff (COS) and provides comprehensive, high level administrative, operations and program support for Senior Leadership of the IGI, in particular the Chief Scientific Officer and Development Director. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the IGI core Administrative Operations team on finance, HR, IT, facilities, communications and development activities. S/he will act as a key point of contact interfacing with internal and external constituencies including VIPs, corporate executives, campus representatives, LBNL, institute partners, and industry. The incumbent develops and maintains protocols and procedures and implements systems to integrate and streamline areas related to executive level support for the IGI. The EA leads and /or supports activities related to meeting and event planning, purchasing, travel, budget and resource management, communications and facilities. Serves as the liaison for CSS partners on purchasing, reimbursements, and human resources issues relating to executive leadership office of IGI.
• Manages, plans and administers a range of administrative operations for the senior leadership of IGI. Works with the IGI core Administrative Operations team on budgetary/financial management, human resources, IT, facilities, contracts and grants, communications and development activities.
• Coordinates scheduling and related logistics for senior staff to work between UCB, UCSF and Gladstone locations for seamless operations and continuity of joint programs; coordinates and chairs senior staff meetings; provides high level coordination and support for Directorate level meetings, and document minutes; develops and maintains an effective working relationship with the IGI leadership and Governance Board.
• Supports comprehensive management of email and calendars, coordinates assembly of background and/or supporting documents/materials for meetings and events. • As part of the core IGI staff, manages and administers facilities and space plan logistics. Ensures the development and implementation of high value supply inventory processes and the currency and viability of all supplies, equipment and computers.
• Coordinates and/or oversees communication of information among a group of the executive's subordinate management staff, which may be highly confidential and critical.
• Perform and/or oversee special projects or assignments that are sensitive or complex in nature.
• May supervise a small staff of support employees and/or students.• Previous Executive Assistant experience for Senior Level executive • Interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. • Strong skills in short term planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service. •Thorough knowledge of University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, account and fund management, personnel management. • Knowledge of common computer application programs.
The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus - envisioned as a "City of Learning" - was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university and a wellspring of innovation, UC Berkeley occupies a 1,232 acre campus with a sylvan 178-acre central core. From this home its academic community makes key contributions to the economic and social well-being of the Bay Area, California, and the nation.