About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Investment Advisor will work closely with Relationship Managers to provide overall investment advice to meet the investment needs of our clients. The principal objective of the position is to enhance the relevance of the Bank to the clients, thereby leading to an increased share of wallet, revenues and client experience.
Strategy Drive profitable growth by providing investment advice, both to new and existing clients on the bank.
Business · Focus on suitability of investments for dedicated group of clients; understand client risk appetite, investment preference and return expectations
· Liaise with Relationship Managers to produce account plans aimed at developing the client relationship including growth of assets and profitability
· Provide a tailored portfolio and trading service of relevant and suitable investment solutions
· Provide timely analysis of market and product information
· Be capable of addressing multi-asset class product requirements
· Review client investment portfolios on an annual basis using Portfolio Insight
· Deliver good investment performance commensurate with the clients' risk and return appetite
· Timely and accurate execution of client orders
· Understand specific client issues, including restrictions, so as to provide optimal solutions
· Identify opportunities/solutions from the wider SCB group which benefit the clients
· Act as a trusted investment advisor of choice, e.g., acts as sounding board for competitor proposals
Processes · Timely and accurate dealing of client orders.
· Track and provide regular feedback on processes transactions/solutions to client
· Create further client opportunities through high quality problem resolution
· Adherence to client investment suitability standards and to Compliance /regulatory requirements
· Support the continuous improvement of processes to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Support the effective management of operational risks across the Business and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
· Support the delivery of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis.
· Ensure sales management and suitability processes are applied appropriately.
People and Talent · Collaborate with support functions, business partners, and product specialists to deliver One Bank, support cross selling efforts and referral program (where applicable), and provide effective client solutions
Risk Management · Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses.
· Understand the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and drive rectification as required.
· Handle customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures.
· Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant Risk Committees and/or line management.
Governance · Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
· Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations forms part of the culture.
· Participate in Local Client Committee and other relevant committees where applicable.
· Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business Conduct · Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
· Support the business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles, such as Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate · Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications - relevant degree, level 4 RDR complaint qualification
· Languages - fluency in business English
· Licenses and Certifications/accreditations - as required by role remit and responsibility
· Professional Memberships - as required by role remit and responsibility
· Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental - as below
· Demonstrable and relevant experience in the Private Banking industry commensurate with this remit and level of responsibility
· Strong ability to develop a network of target prospects
· Proven risk management capabilities
· Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
· Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 5505883
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.