The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
* Top Workplace by the Washington Post * 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine * 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian * CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance * Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE * Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America * State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Summary Sr. Manager Benefits Digital Operations and User Experience M.2
The Senior Manager of Benefits Digital Operations & User Experience is responsible for accelerating the digital media development for Insurance & Financial Services (I&FS) benefits communication platforms, including supporting the development of strategy for digital channels and overseeing the implementation of integrated, member-focused plans. Responsible for creating a "best in class" capability to digitally communicate I&FS products/services and brand to cooperative leadership and plan participants. Drives I&FS image across online and mobile platforms (NRECA Employee Benefits website and vendor portal sites) with a combination of creative content, innovative technologies and best practices in user experience. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing two staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Defines project flow, identifies audience pain points to be remedied, areas for efficiency improvements; prioritizes user-centric features for release. Tests and assigns critical tasks and testing to appropriate staff and monitors progress.
Oversees the development of visual design specifications demonstrating screen flow (wireframes); responsible for approving all tools on the Employee Benefits site from an end-user perspective.
4. Responsible for managing a user experience team to include setting clear expectations/ goals/objectives; providing timely feedback, praise, coaching and recognition; promptly addressing performance or employee relations issues in accordance with NRECA policy; administering salaries; upgrading the skill set and effectiveness of the staff. (15%
5. Provides expertise and support in digital build out and architecture of I&FS digital platforms. (10%)
Collaborates with Employee Benefits Communications team along with subject matter experts to ensure content (from internal/external sources) is accurate and balances technical accuracy with appropriate style and tone for readers.
Assists with the development and execution of an editorial calendar; oversees photo and graphics procurement, editing, uploading and use .
Oversees web publishing and production where appropriate.
Collaborates closely with IT on internal search engine optimization in increasing current site(s) search engine effectiveness by defining requirements for keywords/care words, placement on page, image tags, Meta tags, etc.
Performs data mining and research to evaluate site performance and how plan participants and benefits administrators search for content and optimizes content appropriately.
7. Leverages market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate plan participants and benefits administrators and lead to critical behavioral metrics. (5%)
8. Manages ongoing content audits, data gathering as well as usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. (5%)
9. Develops standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content reimaging, including real-time implementation of content strategies. (5%)
Establishes workflow for editing, publishing and retiring content from the site on an ongoing basis. Works with technical team to implement appropriate content management system (CMS).
Manages a team SharePoint site, ensuring the site meets the evolving needs of all team members through site expansion, updates, etc.
10. Advises Director, Employee Benefits Communications as to benefits digital team budget. Monitors spending on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are in check. Aligns digital program investments with objectives and strategies. (5%)
11. Stays on top of emerging digital marketing trends and provides recommendations for discussion and collaboration with Director, Employee Benefits Communications and Senior Principal, Benefits Digital Engagement to propose strategies and options to senior leadership team (5%)
12. Serves as a key liaison between I&FS and IT, making sure that I&FS fully leverages IT infrastructure and adheres to proper IT governance standards for security and data management. Facilitates "lessons-learned" follow-up meetings with IT management/staff. (5%)
13. Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position's job duties, as well as ensuring staff compliance with security protocols in accordance with NRECA's Personnel and Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures Manual.
Direct Reports to this Position:
Sr. Web Operations & UX Specialist
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Ten plus years of experience in developing and managing online marketing, communication or educational campaigns
Previous management experience preferred
Ten plus years of experience with user experience, content management and customer service issues in a digital environment
Strong verbal and editorial skills with a minimum of five to seven years of experience in writing and editing original web-based content
Experience in project management as project lead; experience working in web development environments, e.g., Agile, and with matrix teams
Solid working knowledge of content management systems, e.g., SharePoint or Umbraco; solid understanding of HTML and web best practices
Strong knowledge of group insurance and retirement plans/products
Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Office products, including Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite
Functional understanding of IT best practices to communicate business needs to technical staff and vice versa
Strong experience required in website traffic data and its applicability to marketing strategy
Ability to work well in a team and customer service-oriented environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Reasonable Accommodation Requests NRECA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 703-907-5992 - NRECA Arlington Human Resources. Please call 402-483-9275 - NRECA Lincoln Human Resources, for Lincoln, NE employment opportunities. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. EEO is the Law The law requires NRECA to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following link: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination NRECA will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information. E-Verify As a Federal Contractor, NRECA is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify