The Office of Human Resources at East Tennessee State University is seeking a Benefits Manager. This position will be an integral part of HR, and will be responsible for implementing change throughout the benefits area. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative leader to join our team and serve as a change agent within the department and throughout the campus. The Office of Human Resources has recently undergone a restructuring, and continues to evaluate processes, procedures, and policies in order to ensure we are providing the campus with efficient and effective services.
· Oversees the Employee Benefit Center, ensuring a welcoming environment for employees to receive information and counseling regarding their retirement, insurance offerings, leave, and wellness.
· Administers the benefits, retirement and wellness programs for ETSU, including health, retirement, educational assistance, leaves, discounts and perks.
· Coordinates retirement preparation and services, including collaborating with external providers.
· Coordinates with the Office of Administration and Government Relations to ensure the University remains knowledgeable of issues relating to the State of Tennessee Insurance Program, and to ensure all programs align with the needs of employees.
· Manages all employee leave programs including FMLA, Medical Leave, Worker's Compensation, etc.
· Manages the benefits website and communications to ensure employees are well-informed of all available benefits and all processes related to those benefits.
· Manages the Affordable Care Act program, offerings, processes, and reporting.
· Works collaboratively with units across campus.
· Manages the university post-retirement program.
· Manages the new employee orientation process.
· Assists with the university Wellness program, in collaboration with Student Affairs, which includes various employee and student events and a benefits and wellness fair each year.
· Works with the Executive Director to evaluate, update, and create policies and procedures.
Job Category: Administrative
Bachelor's degree (business or Human Resources preferred), and at least 5 years experience in managing/coordinating a benefits program or significant experience working in benefits. Experience supervising employees. Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and in writing.
Internal Number: 12315
About East Tennessee State University
Founded in 1911 (as East Tennessee State Normal School), East Tennessee State University serves over 15,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. ETSU has eleven colleges and schools, including health sciences, liberal arts, education and business & technology. ETSU is centered on a warm and friendly residential campus nestled in the secure and beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of northeast Tennessee. As part of the ETSU community, you will enjoy all the region has to offer, including snow-skiing, various festivals, numerous golf courses and lakes, popular national and state parks, whitewater rafting, the Appalachian Trail, and much more.