• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the spatial data infrastructure
• Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to trouble-shoot and resolve problems with specialized spatial systems
• Maintain and validate the data integrity and accuracy of the spatial data infrastructure. May involve mapping research in the field or in the office. Enter new map data using digital files, hard copy graphics, such as as-builts, CAD drawings, or job maps as well as through digitizing and data entry.
• Participate in the development of long-range planning goals relating to the spatial data infrastructure, computer hardware and software requirements including upgrades, software and output/reporting processes.
• Produce, develop and deliver map products and related documents as requested for all departments. Demonstrated abilities to operate a variety of related software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, FME Workbench, FME Server, Munsys Applications, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS CityEngine, Autodesk InfraWorks, Autodesk Revit
• Improve process workflow, test, maintain, and monitor the spatial data framework and systems
• Maintain technical documents. Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
• Collaborate with business owners and implementation teams on issues related to data governance/stewardship, metadata collection, data quality, and data integration.
• Provide users with assistance solving GIS related problems.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in Geographic Information system (GIS), experience with GIS software, experience in the design, development, implementation of GIS solutions, including analysis and database development, integration and web development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Esri ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap and ArcPro), publishing services to ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS tile cache creation and management, ArcGIS imagery management, ArcGIS Network Analyst, Vehicle Routing problems and Linear Networks, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst to develop surfaces & perform surface analysis, ArcGIS Data Driven Pages, Server, Portal, & Collector; experience with Munsys including knowledge of standard Munsys data models & working with Munsys LISP API; with AutoCAD customization including use of CUI Editor & LISP programming, & Autodesk Civil 3D software products; experience with Python and FME; knowledge of GPS data collection techniques & best practices; experience with enterprise relational database management systems including Oracle and SQL Server, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) including FAMIS; Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) including BlueCielo Meridian; knowledge of ITIL framework; GIT version control, connecting Excel to external data sources to generate reports and pivot tables, good working knowledge of geographic information management & spatial data standards
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter
Please submit your resume and cover letter with your application.
Bidding and Eligibility Ends on 3/5/19 at 11:55 PM
Internal Number: 562499
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.