Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
Team and Role Profile
This role is within the campus recruitment team in EMEA, managing the attraction and recruitment of entry level talent for Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets Divisions for the region. Managing a team of five providing strategic leadership and day to day management, this individual will deliver a comprehensive graduate attraction and recruiting service to support the effective hiring of divisions summer, off-cycle, full-time analyst and associate programs (including MBA).
Attraction and Recruitment Strategy:
- Drive the recruitment strategy at undergraduate and graduate level to include attraction, recruitment and talent management across Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets. Determine overall hiring requirements and monitor progress throughout the recruitment season working closely with HR Coverage, US counterparts and divisional management teams on headcount mapping and allocation. - Partner with divisional management to drive the attraction and recruitment strategy and ensure it continues to evolve. - Partner with the campus relationship management team to define and drive the Firmwide and divisional attraction and events strategy. - Responsible for ensuring that the recruitment efforts are aligned to the Firm's overall diversity strategy and that all recruitment processes are conducted in line with Firm Policy and legislation.
Oversee the involvement of divisional representatives and university alumni in the events and recruitment process, ensuring that top talent is deployed to source graduate talent into the Firm. - Undertake end of season review of the divisional attraction and selection processes and make recommendations based on this data.
Selection Process and Reporting:
- Regular review and enhance the divisions' candidate selection tools and process ensuring it accommodates best practise, business and candidate needs. - Manage the roll out of annual season kick-offs and debriefs with divisional management, and School Team Captains. - Manage and attend interview and assessment centre days, oversee roundtable hiring conversations/decisions. - Manage the outsourcing process of campus administrative tasks to the department's off-site provider. - Ensure all referral candidates are handled in line with Firm policy. - Work with divisional management teams on business unit engagement with campus recruitment activities and monitor participation - Oversee and monitor divisional attraction and recruitment spend including the yearly budgeting process. - Partner with US and Asia counterparts on global reporting and strategic elements of the divisions attraction and recruitment agenda.
- Partner with the respective Programme Manager on the design and execution of the summer, off-cycle and full-time Analyst and Associate programmes. - Develop the content and structure of the intern and early pipelining programmes, including the management of the performance review process and end of programme hiring decisions. - Oversee the Revenue Spring Insight programme execution and fast track selection process.
- Lead and provide daily direction to a team of RPO contingent employees. Establish objectives, manage their performance, coach and develop the wider Revenue campus team members. - Partner with the RPO account manager and Head of Revenue Campus Recruitment on all aspects of team management. - Undertake projects and ad hoc requests as required by the Head of Revenue Campus Recruitment. - Keep the Head of Revenue Campus Recruitment and HR Coverage up to date with the developments of the divisions recruiting progress and changes to the strategy, escalating any issues as appropriate. - Identify operational synergies across Front Office, partnering with Sales, Trading & Research Campus Recruitment in sharing best practises and process efficiencies.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in graduate recruitment and a solid understanding of the graduate and MBA business school recruitment landscape - A proven track record of translating business needs into effective recruiting strategies. - Ability to engender trust and credibility with managers across client groups and within HR. - Effective management/supervisory skills - ability to lead, delegate and manage junior staff. - Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable. - Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change. - Highly organized, results focussed with strong attention to detail. - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal). - Flexibility with respect to working hours – travel in the autumn during milkround season will be required and attendance at several Super Saturday assessment centres
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more .#LI-EC1
Internal Number: 5584979
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.