Summary of Duties: The Information Security Analyst III provides information security consulting and support and will work as part of a team responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University information applications and data and support the design, development testing, and implementation of university applications, networks, and systems.
This position will support ongoing Information Services operations surrounding information security standards, risk, and compliance, including risk and compliance assessments, threat intelligence gathering and reporting, incident response, and the development and ongoing maintenance of security-related documentation including standards, policies, processes, and plans. This position will also support university-wide information security and privacy efforts regarding security preparedness, policies, practices, and identifying and mitigating information security and privacy risks to university applications, systems, infrastructure, and data.
Assist in the development and implementation of tools, guidelines, and techniques for risk assessment, compliance assessment, vendor risk assessment, causal analysis, corrective action planning and management, and vulnerability management.
This position has a dual reporting structure. The Information Security Analyst III position will administratively report to the Director of WSU Spokane Information Technology Services, and functionally and operationally report to the WSU Pullman ITS, Information Security Services, Manager of Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Identity. This position will physically reside on the WSU Spokane campus and will work as part of a team that includes the WSU Spokane Information Technology Services team and the WSU Information Security Services team. This position will be 75% dedicated for information security support to the Spokane Health Sciences campus. The remaining 25% of efforts will be dedicated to information security services related to health sciences throughout the WSU system, state wide.
Required Qualifications: A Bachelors degree and three (3) years professional experience OR a combination of education and experience totaling seven (7) years from which comparable knowledge and abilities are acquired.
Founded in 1890 in Pullman, Washington State University (WSU) is Washington’s land-grant university with an overarching mission of improving the quality of life for all citizens – locally, nationally, and globally. WSU is committed to innovation and excellence in research and scholarship. WSU has a current enrollment of over 30,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and approximately 6,000 faculty and staff at its five campuses (Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Everett), as well as its numerous other locations across the State of Washington and online through its Global Campus. With a new President (Dr. Kirk Schulz began as the University’s 11th president in June 2016) and a new Vice President of Finance and Administration (Stacy Pearson started in March 2017); the University community is energized and excited.
U.S. News & World Report's 2016 "America's Best Colleges" rankings place WSU in the top 75 public national universities. WSU was one of only three Northwest universities to be placed in the top two tiers, along with the University of Washington and the University of Oregon. WSU is ranked as a "highest research activity" institution by the Carne...gie Foundation and is in the top 12 percent of research universities as reported by the National Science Foundation. Also, WSU was recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its engagement activities with its Community Engagement Classification.
WSU employs approximately 6,000 faculty and professional staff and the University deeply values diversity among its faculty, students, and staff. WSU students represent diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds: approximately 10 percent of WSU students hail from outside the state of Washington, and approximately 6.8 percent are international students. WSU annually awards more than $280 million in scholarships and financial aid to approximately 17,000 undergraduate students.