• Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
• Paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
• A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the head coach will discharge the following responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of competitive Division III men’s and women’s swimming &diving program. This will include recruiting and retention of student-athletes, practice and meet preparation and coaching, supervision and mentoring of part-time assistant coaches, budgeting, fund raising, planning and supervising all team travel, and developing alumni relations.
• Oversee and supervise pool facility and lifeguards, to include scheduling
• Teach courses in Lifeguarding, based on request from Registrar.
• Mentor and coach student-athletes and assist student-athletes in the development of swimming skills and an understanding of swimming strategies necessary to succeed.
• Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining compliance with NCAA, SUNYAC and Fredonia rules and regulations.
• Participate in committees and provide service to the Department, University, and Profession.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Demonstrated record of successful participation, coaching and recruiting in the sport of swimming
Demonstrated high level of motivation with strong interpersonal skills
Demonstrated willingness and ability, to travel and work a flexible schedule
Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and work with student employees
Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse faculty, staff, students, and university community
Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues for program growth and enhancement
Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or ability to immediately obtain
Valid state driver’s license
Prior experience at the Division III level
About SUNY Fredonia
The State University of New York at Fredonia is a comprehensive, selective, public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is among the most storied in the State University of New York system and is the first in the SUNY system to be awarded the SUNY Shared Governance Award. It is home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report. As reflected by Fredonia's Carnegie Foundation's Community Engagement Elective Classification, the university facilitates and supports university-community collaborations that enhance the intellectual, cultural, artistic, and economic vibrancy of the region.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and success. Fredonia ...is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students, utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual experiences, will be:
• Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and Knowledge),
• Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global Citizenship),
• Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
• Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and Professionalism).