Data Center Construction Owners Representative / Project Manager manages all
aspects of enterprise-sized data center infrastructure construction projects including:
Multiple large ground-up campus projects and retro-fit projects. Ideal candidate must be able
to juggle multiple constructions projects at one site, and also possess demonstrated ability to
oversee vendor compliance to construction agreements, while also having the ability to manage
the overall project budget & schedule for large, complex projects. Strong knowledge of MEP
construction management with college degree is highly desirable. Most importantly, the ideal
candidate demonstrates a sense of ownership for the work, and his performance will be partially
evaluated based upon that sense of ownership and responsibility.
· Create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and Key Project
· Milestones, then update and enforce team compliance during project life.
· Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
· Contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
· Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client’s PM and legal counsel, including establishment of design consultants and all GC “business terms” including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
· Design Team coordination to Client’s pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards
· Assist with City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
· Constructability review of the project documents
· Value Engineering - Value Engineering – proactively identify ways to perform work more efficiently, and for less money
· Project Cash Planning and Cash flow projections
· Assist client in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling of all Owner-direct
· vendors and consultants, including internal vendors (IT, security, etc.)
Construction & Project Administration
· Manage General Contractor; i.e. – including compliance with construction contracts, contract budget, changes, payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within their construction contracts.
· Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review, negotiations, recommendations, and delay analysis value engineering
· Budget management and tracking, schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
· Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
· QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
· Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
· Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
· Tracking of project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
· Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
· Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of project
· Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to completion and final reporting
Close out / Fit Up
· Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance
· Know the 5 levels of Data Center Commissioning, enforce compliance to those 5 levels.!
· Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all closeout documents until completion, including warranties, “as-builts”, O&M manuals, etc.
· Assist A/E team with entitlements/ permitting and occupancy with local government.
· Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
· Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
· Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
· Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
· Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal vendors, including furniture, IT, security, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum (6) six years of related commercial real estate construction project management experience and/or training.Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred. COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action. FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Internal Number: 68145010
About CBRE (NYSE: CBRE): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 80,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit cbre.us.