Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector - located in Baltimore, MD - has an immediate need for an International Trade Compliance Analyst or Principal Trade Compliance Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities Include: • Implements, administers and maintains operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate-keeping reviews and generates performance metrics for all related activity while maintaining applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Determines the best method of transportation globally, referring to documentation for destination, considering factors such as export/import authority, expense, delivery times, and user requirements. Contact carriers and interdepartmental personnel to discuss delivery issues, recommending rescheduling, alternate routines, alternate carriers and the like. • Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with US and foreign regulations in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities. • Establishes and maintains relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies. • Assists on trade compliance counsel assessments and prepares and/or reviews documentation as needed with management. • Coordinates with multiple internal and external stakeholders in ensuring trade compliance, effective, timely and efficient import processes • Establishes and maintains training and post audit assessments (PO/Sales Order to Payment) as it relates to import and export activity, to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal compliance controls. Interfaces with cross functional departments to manage requests for information missing at the time of import or export. • Analyze trends related to missing information and developing corrective actions to increase speed and efficiency. • Determines HTS & Schedule B classifications to products and components and ensures the system of record is updated within the parts master. • Supports eligibility requirements related to special duty programs such as Free Trade Zone (FTZ), Free Trade Agreements (FTA) or Military Duty Free (MDF) under 9808. • Provides guidance related to valuation, material to vendor, etc. and maintains the correct documentation to support declarations made to participating government agencies such as CBP and Census. • Works with internal programs, outside vendors and suppliers to improve compliance efficiencies, prepare correct documentation in accordance with the internal requirements, terms & conditions, and government regulations while reducing potential inbound and outbound transportation delays.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
This req may be filled as an International Trade Compliance Analyst or Principle Trade Compliance Analyst based on the qualifications below.
Basic Qualifications for an International Trade Compliance Analyst: • Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with one year of relevant experience; candidates without a Bachelor’s degree will be considered if they have 7 years of relevant experience • Experience in logistics, operations, or supply chain pertaining to Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Trade Compliance, Import/Export regulations
• Ability to obtain a clearance (this requires US citizenship)
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Trade Compliance Analyst: • Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 4 years of relevant experience; candidates without a Bachelor’s degree will be considered if they have 10 years of relevant experience
• Must have in-depth knowledge of U.S. Customs/Import requirements including HTSUS classification, valuation
• Experience in logistics, operations, or supply chain pertaining to Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Trade Compliance, Import/Export regulations
• Ability to obtain a clearance (this requires US citizenship)
• Knowledge of other U.S. Customs/Import requirements including, recordkeeping, FTZ and pre-entry and post-entry processes • SAP experience desired/preferred • In-depth knowledge of handling imports and/or exports in accordance with Government Regulations, including U.S. Customs (CBP) Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) • Industry experience highly preferred
3+ years of experience in processing international transportation activities • Ability to understand global impact of regulatory decisions (assertiveness and diplomacy to achieve results)
Internal Number: 19004454
About Northrop Grumman
We are a close-knit community of big thinkers collaborating to keep the world safe. Our passion, creativity and expertise bring next-level technology solutions to life in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, space, and logistics and modernization for our customers around the globe.
On the Northrop Grumman team, you’ll join our pursuit of excellence immersed in a dynamic culture of innovation and respect. Your unique perspective will help achieve our shared vision for the future of global security. Every step of the way, you'll be supported by world-class training, employee resource groups and a comprehensive benefits package that enables greater health and happiness for you and your family.
Worldwide and across disciplines, we’re challenging what’s possible for technology to protect people and places from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. And we see the impact of our performance every day. We are Northrop Grumman, and we work on what matters—now, you too can make a difference.
Explore opportunities in engineering, IT, manufacturing, business management, cybersecurity and more at careers.northropgrumman.com.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring an...d retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U. S. citizenship is required for most positions.