The Content Strategist will be responsible for communications, editing, and content delivery across multiple channels including print, social media, blogs, email, and advertising channels. He or she is also responsible for understanding business goals and analyzing data in order to deliver, maintain, and govern content on the SDFCU public website. The Content Strategist is responsible for managing projects, supporting other Marketing projects, and leading vendors. This person will use their advanced knowledge of web and mobile communication strategies to help meet strategic goals and deliver positive member journeys. This is a great job for a person who loves to implement new messaging and experience ideas, improve communications in support of objectives and is grounded in analytics and end-to-end user experiences.
This position will work closely with members of the Marketing team, interdepartmental teams, and advertising and digital agencies and platforms.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
2. At least 7 years of experience writing across print and digital channels; Knowledge of marketing best practices with a focus on financial services and/or consumer focused content.
3. Able to work in Google Analytics and familiar with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing best practices.
4. Comfortable on both MAC and PC Platforms
5. Experience working in content, social, and email management platforms; Drupal experience required.
6. Ability to lead internal team members and external vendors to drive initiatives, meet deadlines, and improve quality of output.
7. Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and prioritization skills.
8. Ability to work independently and comfortable making decisions.
9. Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, draw valid conclusions and initiate action.
10. A friendly, courteous, and professional attitude.
11. Excellent spoken, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
12. 3 writing samples or portfolio link required
Telecommuting is allowed.
About State Department Federal Credit Union
Recognized by the city of Alexandria as a Gold Employer, State Department Federal Credit Union
is committed to providing the very best in opportunity and professional development. Headquartered
in Alexandria, Virginia with assets exceeding $2 billion dollars, we recognize that our people make it happen.
We are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent to ensure our
continued success. Our legacy of exceptional service not only reaches the
members we serve, but SDFCU employees. Through internal training and
workshops, professional strengths are cultivated, and employees are given
opportunities for advancement. Enjoy competitive salaries, outstanding
Health, Dental and Vision insurance within the first 30 days of service,
matched 401(k) plan with 3.5% SDFCU contribution, tuition reimbursement, and
monetary travel compensation. Do you have what it takes to join our dynamic
team? If you think so, take a look at this opportunity, it may be the one for you!