JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
The Global Corporate Bank (GCB) manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. An exciting opportunity to join the GCB Japan team as a junior banker, supporting the team's global coverage of Local Corporate clients. We are looking for an exceptional individual with aspirations of developing a career as a corporate banker and trusted advisor to his/her clients. The individual must be enthusiastic, thoughtful and driven to perform, with an ability to communicate and partner effectively with both internal stakeholders and external clients at all levels.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas: 1. Works with Senior Bankers to manage the firm's relationships with large corporate clients Head Quartered in Japan and maintain regular calling across the client portfolio
2. Works intimately with overseas GCB bankers including those at Japan Desks, and both domestic and overseas product partners to identify opportunities to provide sophisticated banking/treasury solutions to clients
3. Remains current on all aspects of the client relationship, including revenue levels, credit exposure, KYC compliance etc.
4. Conducts comprehensive client analysis to identify strategic opportunities to market J.P. Morgan's broad array of corporate banking products and solutions to specific market segments
5. Provides credit expertise in structuring and/or pricing loan and derivative transactions and assist Senior Bankers in negotiating and finalizing documentation for loans and derivatives transactions
6. Assists Senior Bankers and other internal partners in transactions involving syndicated financing.
7. Co-ordinates client Know Your Client (KYC) processes as related to record remediations, renewals and new onboardings
8. Helps to manage and respond to client screening and disposition requests (GFCC, sanctions, AML, anti-corruption, PEP, news, etc.)
Previous experience as a Junior Banker or Client Manager, Product Sales Support or Investment Banking Analyst is desirable, but experience in other fields of financial services will be considered as well
Strong analytical/research skills, and knowledge of accounting, finance, credit, financial markets and KYC is desirable
Experience in financial modeling, power point presentation building is desirable
Knowledge of corporate banking products: including cash management, flow derivatives, FX, commodities, transaction banking and securities processing is desirable
Candidates should demonstrate maturity and good judgement, have a strong interest in client interaction, display leadership and proactivity in their work, and possess outstanding teamwork and communication skills