The Assistant Director of Donor Relations is an essential position in the Advancement Office whose key responsibility is to support the Advancement team in successfully advancing the President's fundraising agenda. The Assistant Director identifies and develops a program for engaging current and prospective donors in support of the President's top fundraising priorities and outreach. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Indivdual Giving, the Assistant Director works independently with minimal supervision.
Strategic Fundraising Goals
· Manages the process of solicitation and stewardship for the top donors and prospects prospects of Suffolk University.
· Coordinates plans for the President's Top 100 prospects as identified by the Senior Vice President of Advancement including writing gift proposals and individual stewardship reports.
· Organizes and manages a weekly prospect review meeting to include Advancement and University administrative leadership as appropriate.
Event and Travel Planning
· Coordinates special events in support of the President's Top 100 prospect agenda.
· Facilitates individual meetings with Top 100 donors and prospects for cultivation or stewardship opportunities with the Senior Vice President of Advancement and the President.
· Manages solicitation and stewardship calendar, travel and briefings for the Senior Vice President and President as it relates to the Top 100 prospects of Suffolk University.
· Bachelor's degree with three to five years of relevant advancement experience required and familiarity with best business practices in higher education advancement.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to be creative and proactive.
· Understanding of annual giving, planned giving, and major gifts. .
· Demonstrated competence in designing, planning, managing and executing Advancement programs.
· Ability to think creatively and conceptually, to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to handle confidential information, and to interact with University leadership, alumni, faculty and students, and high net-worth individuals with ease.
· Strong computer skills including: MS Office (Word and Excel), Outlook, etc.
· Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
· Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong commitment to team building and professional development.
· Sense of urgency and commitment to Suffolk University Advancement priorities.
Internal Number: oxVL9fw6
About Suffolk University
Located right in the heart of downtown Boston, Suffolk University gives its students unparalleled access to the city and all it offers.Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites like the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus' Boston and Suffolk blend together. That means our students have incredible access to a wealth of opportunities, whether it's museums and restaurants or internships and co-ops. At the same time, we also take pride in being a personal, student-centered school, where faculty and administrators know students by name. We take the time to recognize each student's promise, figure out what makes him or her tick, and build important mentoring relationships.As we have done since our founding, we strive for one thing at Suffolk: give students the tools they need to be successful, smart, and satisfied at whatever they choose to do.