NY located, globally oriented, representative office of a worldwide conglomerate seeks a J.D. attorney or a Certified Paralegal with a bachelor’s degree and relevant corporate secretarial experience to lead corporate secretary duties and board consulting for affiliates and subsidiaries. Specific focus will be to manage governance and secretarial duties for boards of directors of wholly owned subsidiaries of global public company. The position will have multiple reporting lines, to each company board as well as to the corporate secretary of the public parent company. The parent company is a public company in India.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and execute all Board of Director meetings and committee meetings, including strategic planning; creating agendas; inviting the appropriate attendees; reserving the meeting space and covering all possible logistical issues.
- Attend and minute quarterly Board of Directors Meetings of multiple North American subsidiaries by taking meeting minutes, ensuring substance and dissemination of those minutes and appropriate follow through to the following board meetings.
- Manage the retaining and organizing of all the significant corporate document and records.
- Act as an advisor to boards and corporate officers on governance issues.
- Oversee the orientation, training and briefings of new board members.
- Coordinate the statutory compliance of companies.
- Liaise with corporate secretary and GC at India public parent.
Qualifications and Skills:
- JD with 3 to 5 years of relevant corporate secretarial experience; or
-- a Certified Paralegal with bachelor’s degree and 5 plus years of relevant corporate secretarial experience.
- Knowledge and experience in compliance with public company reporting requirements.
- Experience with statutory records under corporate laws of India, Canada and UK a plus.
- Experience in the outsourcing sector a plus.
- Completely organized and detail-oriented.
- An effective and patient communicator.
- Ability to work with teams on international level.
- Extremely discreet.
- Acquainted with, and not bothered by, bureaucratic red tape.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- A calm and rational mediator.
About HBI Group, Inc.
HBI Group, Inc. office provides legal, financial, and other support services to the Hinduja interests in North and South America.