APPLICATIONDEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 3, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by June 3, 2019. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (June 3, 2019) may not be given full consideration. __________________________________________
Perform forecasting, research analysis, and trend analysis. Participate in the compilation, control, and monitoring of the University’s budgets. Track expenditures and/or revenues and perform post-audit and other reviews of actual expenditures and/or revenues. Assist in the evaluation and review of complex technical information and in the preparation of comprehensive analyses, plans, and reports on components of the University’s budget.
Assist in the development and implementation of analytical approaches to decision making for critical budget proposals at the University level. Assemble information in order to assist in decision making (e.g., development of rubrics to be used by SBPC, analysis and presentation of survey results in various formats, etc.). Perform cost analyses. Participate in, coordinate, and assume responsibilities for multiple special and confidential projects as assigned by the Director or Associate Director.
Research, analyze and prepare ad-hoc analyses/reports, and provide information to the Director and/or Associate Director. Provide short- and long-term forecasting, identifying areas of concern and recommending actions to alleviate potential adverse issues. Provide recommendations to be used in final decision making.
Serve as a liaison and resource in the following capacities: 1) work as liaison and resource to campus community to assess and develop budget reporting needs; 2) as necessary, serve as liaison to various entities at the request of the Director and/or Associate Director.
Research, compile, maintain, review, and revise annual reports for the Director and/or Associate Director. Participate in analysis of functional needs, data requirements and sharing procedures.
Assist in the development of training manuals. Provide, as necessary, campus-wide training to the University’s financial community with regard to the University’s budgeting process, procedures and regulations.
Recommend to the Associate Director new University-wide reporting protocols and analytical tools.
Responsible for developing PeopleSoft queries to assist in data gathering and processing, and to respond to ad hoc requests from management.
Undertake a variety of technical tasks, for example, participate in upgrades and associated testing, and engage in the continuing review, definition, and analyses of functional needs, requirements, and business rules and processes associated with the Budget and Financial Planning Office which might result in the need for system enhancements or modifications.
Participate on various University committees and provide related budgetary, analytical, and technical support.
Represent the Director or Associate Director as required.
Perform additional duties as required, including the duties of other staff positions in the office.
Personal computers and printers; mainframes; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software; calculators.
1. Master’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, management, public administration or related field, with a minimum of two years of demonstrated successful professional experience in financial management in a complex organization and experience in tracking and analyzing revenue and expenditure budgets and actual data, OR a Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, management, public administration or a related field, and a minimum of three years of demonstrated successful professional experience in financial management in a complex organization and experience in tracking and analyzing revenue and expenditure budgets and actual data, OR a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with a minimum of seven years’ experience in a complex financial office in an institution of higher education or a complex organization/company.
2. Demonstrated experience with personal computers, including spreadsheet applications.
3. Demonstrated skills in Excel and Access.
4. Demonstrated experience with enterprise resource planning systems (e.g.Oracle, PeopleSoft, Banner).
5. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Demonstrated technical ability to react to complex ad-hoc requests.
7. Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise reports on a timely basis.
8. Demonstrated strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency with written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
11. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
12. Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented.
13. Demonstrated presentation skills.
14. Demonstrated ability to be flexible.
15. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work setting.
1. Minimum one year of experience using the financial module for an enterprise resource planning system (e.g., Oracle, PeopleSoft, Banner).
2. Demonstrated experience using statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS).
3. Demonstrated experience using predictive modeling.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions, such as pivot tables and v-lookups.
5. Demonstrated experience in financial management in a complex organization.
6. Demonstrated experience in tracking and analyzing revenue and expenditure budgets and actual data in a higher education institution or equivalent organization/industry.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of state government and higher education operations, policies, and procedures.
8. Demonstrated experience in the development of complex financial models.
ALLREQUIREMENTSARESUBJECT TO POSSIBLEMODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATEINDIVIDUALSWITHDISABILITIES.
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application @
(#1) Cover letter
(#3) The names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Internal Number: Posting #SF00772
About University of Rhode Island
The University of Rhode Island is the state's flagship institution of higher education, and its only public university. As such, we are uniquely positioned, ready and able to provide innovative ideas, adaptive intelligence and breakthrough research to enhance the lives of the people in our state, nation, and world.
At URI you'll discover a small, beautiful, student-centered learning environment with the resources, research capabilities, and opportunities of a much larger public institution. In other words, we may be a smaller university, but our thinking is big. At URI, you'll find some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs, innovators, and discoverers on our faculty, in our research enterprise, and in our student body.
Our students come from dozens of countries, and wherever you look, from Argentina to Zimbabwe, URI alumni are making a difference around the world. We are expanding international research and partnerships that will further prepare our graduates to contribute to an increasingly globalized economy and society.
And we are growing a community that embraces equity, diversity, and unity, in which students graduate with the capability to work across cultures, la...nguages, lifestyles and traditions, because they have themselves been valued for both their individuality and the cultures they bring with them.