Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
LCPA’s Programming department produces the American Songbook series, the Great Performers series, the Mostly Mozart Festival, and the White Light Festival.
The Temporary Seasonal House Seat Coordinator will work with the Associate Producer to provide support to the programming listed above. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist Associate Producer with general house seat operations with Marketing and other relevant departments. Coordinate with artist representatives and industry for house seat requests and orders
* Assist with implementation of “House Builds” for use by the box office system (stage extension, supertitles, obstructions, wheel chair locations, house seats, sound board, partial view seating, etc.)
* Create and maintain tracking files for all related events
* Coordinate and process artist/VIP ticket orders
* Review of sales reports for discrepancies
* Coordinate complimentary ticket distribution
* Assist Associate Producer in maintaining strong relationship with box office staff
* Relay box office feedback on ticket buyers to Associate Producer (i.e., complaints, price resistance)
* Provide other general administrative assistance as needed
* 1 to 2 years of experience working in an administrative support or customer service capacity
* Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and work with great accuracy under pressure, high volume, and tight deadlines
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Strong PC computer skills in Excel and databases. Arts Vision, Tessitura or similar databases a plus
* Interest in the performing arts and/or classical music knowledge is desirable
* Bachelor’s degree in arts-related program or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support programming needs
The Temporary Seasonal House Seat Coordinator will support the Mostly Mozart Festival from Monday, June 3, 2019 – Friday, August 16, 2019.
After an approximately month-long hiatus, the Temporary Seasonal House Seat Coordinator will return to support the White Light Festival from Tuesday, September 3, 2019 – Friday, November 29, 2019.
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter using the link provided. Cover letters, outlining your interest in Lincoln Center and your salary expectations, are required for applications to be considered complete. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Internal candidates should submit an application via the employee portal.
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and in
About Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Lincoln Center is the worlds leading performing arts center. Located on 16.3 acres in New York City, the Lincoln Center complex comprises 12 Resident Organizations, and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is one of those 12.