Job Details: Instructor - World Languages and Cultures - Spanish Bowling Green State University Home Page - University Home Page - BGSU
• Ph.D. in Spanish or related area (e.g., Latin American Studies; Comparative Literature) required; ABDs are eligible to apply but all the requirements for the degree must be completed before the start date;
• Experience as an instructor of record teaching Spanish classes at the undergraduate level;
• Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
• Evidence of teaching focus on one or more of the following areas: translation studies, Spanish for the professions, applied linguistics, world language pedagogies, Mexico, Latinx Studies
• Demonstrated interest or experience with communicative pedagogies, active learning, &/or experiential learning.
About BGSU Office of Human Resources
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”Bowling Green State University provides experiences that enhance lives. Students are prepared for lifelong career growth, lives of engaged citizenship and leadership in a global society. U.S. News and World Report names BGSU as one of the top public universities nationwide with a strong commitment to first-year programs that lead to success. Within our transformative learning community, we build a welcoming, safe and diverse environment where the creative ideas and achievements of all can benefit others throughout Ohio, the nation and the world.