The Senior Associate Director for International Services has a highly visible leadership role in the Office of International Services (OIS) location in East Baltimore. This position is responsible for ensuring the OIS is in compliance with all Department of State [DOS], Department of Homeland Security [DHS], and Student and Exchange Visitor Program [SEVP] regulations for J-1 students/scholars and F-1 students. The Senior Associate Director will be primarily responsible for J-1 scholar advising, processing and policy development. This position will serve as the Responsible Officer for JHU’s J-1 Exchange Visitor Program. Along with the Director of International Scholars, the Senior Associate Director will participate in strategic planning and provide functional advice to JHU’s academic schools, departments, divisions, and affiliates particularly related to student and scholar services.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors changes in immigration regulations to develop and implement necessary policy/process changes to ensure compliance and develop communication strategies related to changes.
- Oversees J-1 processing for JHU, assessing and addressing process changes and ensuring advising staff are knowledgeable of J-1 regulations and productive in J-1 document generation.
- Responsible for maintaining the Policy and Procedures Manual [PPM] for J-1 Scholar Processing at JHU.
- Participates in development and implementation of self-service initiatives in iHopkins.
- Performs data analysis and adhoc reporting as needed, including drafting and submission of the J-1 annual report for JHU’s J-1 Exchange Visitor Program.
- Prepares and provides technical training sessions as needed for campus administrators.
- Maintains strong, strategic relationships with faculty and University leadership and within the larger academic community.
- The Senior Associate Director supervises OIS advising staff at the JHMI location, and assists in the coordination of the standards for delivery of student advising services at all OIS locations.