Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone.
Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Services Coordinator(RN)- Community Medicine
In this role, the successful candidate, The Patient Services Coordinator - administers, manages and coordinates the functions of the clinical department of the NYU Family health Centers, Coordinates with the Site Director on all projects specific to and consistent with daily operations of the Community Medicine patient flow systems.
Demonstrates an awareness of and respect of for coworkers/patients cultural background
- Clarifies objectives and works efficiently for results - Conveys a sense urgency and drives issues to closure - Makes timely and sound decisions
- Develops comprehensive & realistic short & long range plans - When planning, considers industry trends, budgets & timetables
- Understands broad organizational and business issues - Has and uses cross-functional knowledge - Knows how to get things done and whom to involve and when
- Balances priorities to develop and meet realistic budgets - Makes decisions that contribute to LMCs financial position - Uses financial information to effectively manage
- Gathers relevant information systematically to generate solutions - Adept at using statistical/financial information to problem solve - Grasps complexities and perceives relationships between issues
- Considers a wide range of factors when making decisions - Develops business plans to meet customer needs - Adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical strategic issues
- Responds flexibility to shifting priorities and rapid change - Quickly learns complex information and concepts - Works effectively in uncertain or unfamiliar situations
- Promotes teamwork as a priority - Is an effective team member - Rewards team accomplishments
- Recruits and hires the right people for assignments - Builds a strong work group with complementary strengths - Provides for staff continuity by anticipating staffing needs
- Provides clear direction - Ensures employees have the necessary authority, latitude, and resources to take action
- Speaks and writes clearly and in a well-organized manner - Encourages open communication from staff and actively listens - Communicates important organizational information to staff
- Promotes career development of employees - Provides regular timely and specific feedback - Provides challenging assignments and opportunities for growth
- Encourages and facilitates high levels of collaboration - Identifies and cultivates relationships with key stakeholders - Maintains a formal and informal network of relationships
Identifies and meets learning needs in order to maintain competency and respond to new clinical and management expectations
Ensures staff compliance with annual updates, i.e. Environments of Care, Infection Control
Participates in the clinical and leadership development of employees in his/her area. Maintains accurate records and evaluates effectiveness of activities
Makes recommendations for staff educational needs and plans educational activities independently and in conjunction with others.
Coordinates staff competency plan
Facilitates and ensures orientation of personnel to the site/module. Plans for experience needed to perform competently.
Maintains records on licensure and certifications of the staff
Acts as a resource to staff for regulatory and policy matters
Serves as a liaison to all other departments in the LMC system and demonstrates effective teambuilding and problem-solving strategies in interactions.
Participates in module/site/service, departmental and hospital-based councils/activities/special projects
Assimilates LMC core values compassion, dignity, integrity, service throughout all processes and interactions
Establish pleasant working environment conducive to teamwork, growth and recognition.
Utilizes effective conflict resolution strategies when dealing with staff, providers, patients and family members
Maintains effective, ongoing and timely communication with staff and maintains records of meetings. Makes recommendations for staffing, supply and capital budget needs of the module/site. Monitors budget in collaboration with Director of Operations. Participates in annual staffing/plan budget review process.
Collaborates with Materials Management Department and Purchasing for appropriate supplies and equipment and ensures proper utilization and maintenance of supplies and equipment on unit
Establishes work performance and clinical competency of personnel on a timely basis and makes recommendations for promotions, transfers and discharges. Takes corrective action and/or disciplinary action with staff in collaboration with Human Resources
Counsels and coaches staff concerning their work performance and development; holds staff accountable for performance.
Interviews potential staff members and recommends hiring of applicants with appropriate skills and behavior in collaboration with recruitment
Monitors site/module staffing to budget, overtime/agency use and provides justifications as needed
Prepares staff schedules in a timely manner. Monitors appropriate use of benefit time. Completes time cards for timely and correct payroll. Approves overtime
Plans for staffing needs of the site(s)/modules(s) on a long and short term basis, adjusting based on workload and other staffing variables to maintain safe, efficient care in an effective manner
Acts as resource for staff for clinical/legal issues; refers as appropriate
Acts as resource for staff for clinical/legal issues; refers as appropriate
Responds to patient/family needs in timely, positive manner and ensures service excellence among all staff
Promotes safety and risk free environment for patients and staff
Investigates incidents and occurrences and institutes corrective action as appropriate
Participates on a voluntary or appointed basis in inter-intra-departmental and inter-disciplinary committees to improve patient care
Conducts Performance Management monitoring and participates in problem identification and solution to improve key processes/systems/patient care; shares results in staff meetings. Encourages staff participation in performance management activities
Initiates and encourages staff participation in patient care conferences.
Establishes/maintains processes to promote a multidisciplinary team approach in developing, implementing and evaluating patient care and/or family education
Provides direct patient care as needed to meet patient care needs or role model behavior
Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skills in area of supervision and directs staff in its application
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify you must have :
Current NY State RN licensure BSN required, Masters preferred 3 years supervisory and ambulatory health experience BLS required NY State Infection Control certificate required
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Included in the 200+ locations throughout the New York area are five inpatient locations: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital with all musculoskeletal specialties ranked top 10 in the country; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services; and NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, a full-service teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.