We are currently recruiting for two hospital Presidents for our Hampton Roads and Suffolk Virginia Locations.
The President is responsible for all strategic planning and operations of the entity and for growing revenues while effectively managing expenses and maintaining high clinical quality. This individual is responsible for the development, implementation and overall success of the short-term and long-term goals, strategic objectives, policies, budgets and operating plans for the hospital.
Development and Implementation of the Sentara Princess Anne Strategic Plan: Initiates, or participates, in development of marketing plans/strategies for both the hospital and system, and ensures the provision of high quality services attracting both physicians and patients.
Achieve and maintain strong fiscal results. Manages the staff in accordance with the Sentara Healthcare operating philosophy. Establishes performance goals, position expectations, allocates labor resources and contributes to the development of human resource policies. Works to communicate and reinforce a vision for the hospital that emphasizes strong and effective physician relationships, the creation of new business opportunities, ensure dedication to customers, responsiveness to healthcare reform and changing reimbursement patterns.
Recommends and Implements facility/product line improvement(s),to include construction and/or renovation of structures and/or purchase of new equipment as appropriate.
Recruit and retain high-performing employees and physicians by developing and maintaining satisfaction and engagement programs.
Fosters an internal culture of teamwork and integration that drives excellent service, quality, diversity of thought, an engaging work environment and overall performance improvement.
Communicate openly and effectively internally and externally with a wide variety of individuals to ensure that needs are met and the reputation is enhanced, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Professionalism: Conducts all business engagements with honesty and integrity.
Leads monitors and operates with accountability: Implement and/or develop systems to monitor and ensure compliance with productivity standards, performance standards and position competencies.
Budget Development and Assures that Plans are implemented as planned: Direct and participate in the development of an annual Sentara Princess Anne Hospital budget to support the mission of Sentara Princess Anne Hospital and the commitment to maintenance of standards of patient care as well as the strategic initiatives.
Ensures Accountability: Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and periodically report these to the Chief Operating Officer of Sentara Health System in addition to the monthly operating reviews with the leadership of Sentara Health System.
Maintain compliance with laws, rules and regulations governing hospitals and healthcare practitioners as well as the standards of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required.
Key Selection Criteria:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Track Record of Quality and Safety Improvements
Lead high-performance teams: Candidates should be proven leaders with a record of accomplishment leading outstanding teams of executives and achieving results through the contributions of that team. Sentara Princess Anne Hospital operates with a matrixed leadership model with dual reporting relationships to the system executive responsible for the specific function.
Consistent record of accomplishments and the capability/flexibility to operate effectively leading change as well as effectively managing change at the hospital level.
Adaptability and Flexibility: Must function well in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to represent the organization in both formal and informal settings. Transparency and an open communication style will be important as the facility grows and becomes a healthy “disruptor” in the market. He/she must be accessible and deemed approachable by employees and physicians.
Experience in community and philanthropic activities, including the ability to represent and become the public face of Sentara Obici Hospital.
Ability to navigate within the context of a successful regional integrated delivery system while maintaining the face of the organization in the local community
Physician network development and management, and clinical quality and process management.
Broad Understanding and Experience within the Health care continuum.
Documented strength(s) related to hiring and the creation/maintenance of a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual learning.
Experience in working with physicians and physician contracts. A leader that understands how to maximize the utilization of physician resources.
Committed Community leader: representing Sentara at a senior level within the community.
A Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field.
Demonstrated record of accomplishment as a healthcare leader. Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with employees/physicians/peers.
Minimum of 10 years of executive healthcare experience.
Board Certification in ACHE preferred
Internal Number: 122930BR
About Sentara Healthcare
The Sentara Healthcare System is a non-profit Community based Integrated Delivery Healthcare system based primarily in Virginia and North Carolina. The company has a 125+ year rich history.
Scope of Sentara Services
• 12 Acute Care hospitals including two trauma centers
• A health insurance plan “Optima Health” specializing in commercial products as well as a Health Exchange product
• 2 Post-Acute Divisions
o 9 Long Term Care facilities and an Assisted Living Facilities
o Largest Home Health agency in the state of Virginia
o Medical Transportation service including 75 medical ambulances, a helicopter and a centralized transport center
• Four medical groups that employ over 3,800 providers
• Affiliations with an Urgent Care network “Velocity Urgent Care” in Virginia
• Clinically Integrated Network “Sentara Quality Care Network” SQCN – a Virginia based clinically integrated network.
Information Systems: Sentara began is conversion to electronically integrated network with its first EPIC conversion in February of 2008. Since then, 11 of the 12 hospitals and the majority of the medical practices have migrated to the EPIC platform.
...• Employs 28,000 FTEs in two states primarily.
• Net revenues in 2017 were 5 Billion.
• Ranked as one of the top most Integrated Healthcare Systems in the nation according to SDI Health and Modern Healthcare magazine. It is also the only healthcare system in the country to be among the nation’s top 10 for all 15 years of the survey and earned a number-one ranking in 2001, 2010 and 2011.
• Clinical quality and Safety
• Customer Centricity
Most Recent Sentara Awards/Recognitions:
• Best Hospitals, U.S. News and Report (17+ years)
• 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare, Modern Healthcare (Howard P. Kern, 2017)
• Top 25 COOs in Healthcare, Modern Healthcare (Michael Gentry, 2017)
• Top 100 Hospitals, Truven (2016)
• 100 Great Hospitals in America 2016, Becker’s Hospital Review (2016)
• Seven Sentara hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition Program® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, including Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital (since 2006), Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (since 2008), Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center (since 2014), Sentara RMH Medical Center (since 2014), Sentara Leigh Hospital (since 2015), Sentara Princess Anne Hospital (since 2016) and Sentara CarePlex Hospital (since 2017).
• 150 CFOs to Know, Becker’s Hospital Review (Robert Broermann, 2016)
• Outstanding Patient Care Award, CipherHealth (2016)
• Tidewater Women Ladies' Choice Awards, Tidewater Women (2016)
• Blue Distinction for Spine Surgery, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
• Blue Distinction for Knee and Hip Replacement, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
• Blue Distinction for Maternity Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
• The 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., Faculty of Medicine for Doctors and Medical (2016)
• Mission Lifeline® Recognition Award, The American Heart Association (2016)
• Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, Health Grades (2015)
• Top Hospital, The Leapfrog Group (2015 and 2016)
• "A" Grade for Hospital Safety Scores, The Leapfrog Group (2015 and 2016)
• 2015 VHHA Distinguished Service Award, Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association (2015)
• 2014 Business of the Year Award, Prince William Chamber of Commerce (2014)
• Five Star Rating for Best Nursing Homes, U.S. News & World Report (2014 and 2013)
• Most Wired Health System Ranking, Hospitals & Health Networks (2012)
• Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award, The American College of Surgeons (2012)
• HIMSS Davies Award, HIMSS (2010)
• CEO IT Achievement Award, Modern Healthcare (2010)
• John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award for Innovation in Patient Safety and Quality, Joint Commission and the National Quality Forum (2005)
• Quest for Quality, American Hospital Association (2004)
Sentara Healthcare Background:
Sentara Healthcare was founded in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1888 as the 25-bed Retreat for the Sick, beginning Sentara’s rich history in the Hampton Roads area. It is the largest integrated health care provider in Southeastern Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina serving more than 2 million residents. Sentara is a not-for-profit health care organization whose mission is to “improve health every day” by providing innovative services to treat illness and disease and to promote the improvement of personal health. Sentara is directed by a group of community leaders who serve in a volunteer capacity as the Board of Directors.
Sentara Healthcare is an acknowledged leader in patient safety and quality innovation and is comprised of 12 hospitals/2,727 beds, 7 magnet nursing hospitals, 4 medical groups (1,000 +providers), 12 long term care/assisted living facilities/PACE, an extended stay hospital and several outpatient campuses. The system also has urgent care centers, advanced imaging centers, medical transport (including Nightingale Air Ambulance), home health services, hospice services, and rehab/therapy centers. Sentara Healthcare includes Optima Health, a health plan providing HMO, PPO, and other health insurance products to about 450,000 members. Optima Health demonstrates a passion for health through innovative wellness solutions, coverage options, and workplace and community outreach programs. For 15 consecutive years, Optima Health has received National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation for its commercial HMO/POS health plans and Medicaid HMO product. Since 2004, Optima Health Plan has received an A+ rating from Weiss Ratings, Inc. for financial soundness, recognizing its ability to withstand severe economic adversity and showing exceptional financial strength.
Among its many strengths, Sentara Healthcare is a national leader in heart and kidney care, stroke care, and infection prevention. The organization was the first health system in the nation to pioneer and develop the eICU, a remote monitoring system for intensive care. Through its ongoing participation in national and international research, Sentara Healthcare is dedicated to improving and increasing medical options for its patients.
Sentara received the HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 award in recognition of the highest level of electronic medical record adoption and for several consecutive years listed as a “Most Wired” health system.
The Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) is affiliated with Sentara Healthcare, and three of the Sentara Healthcare hospitals serve as clinical sites for selected EVMS’s student and resident programs.
Mission, Vision and Values
Mission – We improve health every day.
Vision – To be the healthcare choice of the communities we serve.
Values – People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service and Integrity.
Sentara Healthcare Commitments
Sentara has made a commitment to its patients to:
Always keep you safe.
Always treat you with dignity, respect and compassion.
Always listen and respond to you.
Always keep you informed and involved.
Always work together as a team to provide you quality healthcare.
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.