Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32 bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350 bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
The Pharmacy Technician under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist ensures the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patients in accordance with the pharmacy laws of State of Texas and the policy and procedures of the department of Pharmacy. The position is responsible for the preparation of sterile and non sterile preparations of liquids and solid dosage forms as well as the care supplies and equipment.
POPULATION SERVED :
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Preparation & dispensing for all routes of medications prescribed for all conditions/illnesses.
1. Demonstrates a complete understanding of the policies and procedures of the departments decentralized pharmacy service.
2. Adheres to and participates in the quality improvement program of the department.
3. Always adheres to the distribution policies of the department's decentralized services.
4. The outpatient policies and procedures of the department are carried out accurately and efficiently, providing professional outpatient pharmacy services.
5. Consistently demonstrates an ability to keep up with patient workload.
6. Demonstrates a complete understanding of all policies and procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacy technician.
7. Demonstrates a good judgement and decision making skills.
8. Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with others.
9. Ensures that the production and distribution of IV solutions and other sterile products including parenteral nutrition products, injectable chemotherapy, antibiotics and other medications for intravenous therapy, are in accordance with departmental policies and procedure.
10. Demonstrates a complete understanding of the State and Federal laws governing the handling and dispensing of controlled substances. Adheres to the controlled substance distribution policies of the department.
11. Promotes positive Customer service with internal and external customers.
12. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Graduation from High School or equivalent preferred, successful completion of an academic course in pharmacy technology preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Pharmacy Technician Certification by State Board of Texas required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Experience as a pharmacy technician desirable.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.