Vanderbilt-IngramCancer Center is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive CancerCenter committed to reducing cancer death and suffering through:
Pioneering research and team science
A team approach to innovative cancer treatment
Evidence-based prevention, education and community outreach
Comprehensive services to meet the unique physical, emotional, psychological and practical needs of cancer survivors after treatment, regardless of age at diagnosis, type of cancer or where they received their oncology care
Located inNashville, Tennessee, our center lies in the "buckle" of the"cancer belt" â sevencontiguous states with the highest death rates from cancer. Our job is not doneuntil those statistics are changed.
Cancer is toobig a problem to be solved by one cancer center. Through our participation inthe network of National Cancer Institute-designated centers, the NationalComprehensive Cancer Network and other local, regional and nationalcollaborations, we are dedicated to being a partner with others who share ourmission. Stem cell transplant is a program within VICCthat services hematological malignancies with various types of cellular therapyprocedures.
Vanderbilt Medical Center is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is toadvance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
Full-time, Monday thru Friday
Hours are 8 AM - 4:30 PM
JOBSUMMARY: Performs and documents pre-certification frominsurance companies for all elective surgeries and visits, with minimalguidance. Will ensure transplant patientshave insurance issues addressed when needed, insurance information is loadedaccurately and timely, will coach patients on issues regarding insurance and will oversee stem cell transplant financialcounseling processes.
Obtains certification from insurance companies for all elective out-patient specialty surgeries for both the surgeon and the facility.
Contacts insurance review agencies to request authorization.
Handles problematic certification cases with relevant internal groups.
Performs investigative and follow-up work on cases with pre-certification issues until the issue is resolved.
Documents certification process in the appropriate applications to facilitate accurate concurrent review, billing and reimbursement.
Coordinates co-pays or monies to be collected from the patient.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
INSURANCE REGULATORY KNOWLEDGE (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates knowledge ofthe appropriate rules and regulations for insurance policies, claims, paymentand coverage. Ability to interpret and explain rules and regulations that areambiguous or unclear.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (INTERMEDIATE):- A continuing focus on the needs andrequirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive tocustomers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
DATA ENTRY (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to transcribe information fromthe original source into an electronic system according to written and verbalinstructions efficiently and accurately.
PROBLEM SOLVING (INTERMEDIATE):- Uses critical thinking and processimprovement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describescurrent state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches andmentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan.Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Centerâs mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.