Primarily responsible for strategic and effective leadership of the external operations, fundraising and stewardship, and revenue generation for the Colgate Athletics Department. Oversight also includes marketing, promotions, corporate sponsorship management, and ticket sales and operations.
Responsible for the following: - Develop and direct department fundraising initiatives in collaboration with the Office of University Advancement with the goal of building positive relationships with donors, soliciting their continued support and providing stewardship.
- Effective and strategic development of a comprehensive marketing and promotions plan for all 25 Division I NCAA Sports.
- Effective and strategic development of the ticket office and sales.
- Effective and strategic development of communications strategies across all aspects of PERA. To include:
Development and implementation of a department-wide vision for working with external stakeholders such as media outlets, community partners, corporate partners, fans and alumni.
Secure and ensure positive relations with external constituents in advertising and sponsorships, as they relate to the department radio and television affiliations; oversee corporate marketing strategies.
Ensure positive relationships between the division and key stakeholders, to include alumni, local community, fans, parents, coaches, student-athletes, faculty and other University constituents.
- Responsible for the effective supervision of staff as assigned. Ensures selection and hiring of high quality employees; ensures appropriate distribution of work assignments and high quality of employee work product; ensures fair and accurate performance assessments and feedback to include identifying areas for professional development and documenting and conducting disciplinary measures, as needed.
- Responsible for the job performance, development and continued professional growth of all direct reports.
- Accountable for effective sport supervision and continued evaluation of assigned varsity sport programs. Responsible for the oversight, communication and collaboration with Head Coach, to include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
Student-athlete welfare and academic progress
Compliance with conference, NCAA and university rules
Scheduling conference and non-conference matches, practices, strength and conditioning, etc.
Manage disciplinary situations with coaching staff and student-athlete
Evaluate and approve fundraising initiatives
Ensure Head Coaches relations with internal and external stakeholders
Evaluation of Student-athlete experience
Evaluation of competition
- Responsible for role modeling positive behaviors and leadership for student-athletes, coaches and staff.
- Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies, including but not limited to NCAA, specific conference, athletic department, and university policies.
- Embrace PERA Vision and Virtues:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Thoughtful, Driven, Enthusiastic, Cohesive, Bold
Candidates must have professional experience working in athletics administration or a similar setting. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work cooperatively with university departments and internal and external constituents, strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills, the ability to initiate and complete projects independently, good written and oral communication skills, demonstrated experience with managing multiple tasks, proven ability to relate productively with a diverse population, and a working knowledge of all NCAA rules and regulations.
- A Master’s degree preferred. - A minimum of 5-years of experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelors’s degree is required.
- This is a 12-month position. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. - Individuals can expect to travel 40-50% annually. - Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA or conference rules of which he or she is aware.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: 2202
About Colgate University
Colgate University is a highly selective residential liberal arts institution distinguished by academic excellence and interdisciplinary inquiry. Located on a beautiful campus in upstate New York, Colgate takes pride in the active engagement of its students and faculty in local, national, and global communities.