This position will assist the Director, Corporate Insurance and Risk in the development and administration of company-wide risk management, insurance, and claims programs. Our mission is to implement strategies that deliver best-in-class, data driven solutions that support our business, protect our assets, and manage our Total Cost of Risk (TCOR).
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.
• Manage claims management programs for all lines of insurance, including supporting processes, procedures, infrastructure, claim reviews, governance, training, etc. Special focus on US Casualty program and Workers’ Compensation employee advocacy and cost containment programs.
• Ensures TPA manages claims diligently, partners with Management and Legal resources to manage relevant claim details, implements plan for timely resolution of claims and reviews claims with TPA for causation and possible subrogation opportunities.
• Conduct quarterly claim review meetings or conference calls with the carrier or third-party administrator; Review carrier adjuster’s case files, letter and other communication to assist/update claim action plans; including identification and modification of suitable restrictions for transitional duty.
• Reviews all open claims every 30 days internally to explore opportunities for cost containment and potential recoveries. Partner with all relevant parties such as carrier adjusters and defense counsel on a plan of action.
• Participate in settlement negotiations; coordinate with the carrier, human resources and legal counsel to recommend strategies; attend workers’ compensation hearings as necessary.
• Manage other risk administration and compliance programs, including surety bond program, certificates of insurance, contract reviews, letters of credit, self-insurance compliance, etc.
• Assists in the management of risk management vendors, maintaining strong relationships with key external partners, including insurance brokers, insurers, TPA’s, etc.
• Develop and maintain department financial and analytical responsibilities, including TCOR (total cost of risk) modeling that drives strategic decision-making, budget / actuarial / premium payment & audit processes, exposure forecasts, and other mechanisms to identify cost containment opportunities or measure performance of risk management programs.
• Provides technical insurance and claims subject matter expertise to the business for day-to-day needs and special projects. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and challenges and make recommendations to leadership.
Our perfect candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management or related field, MBA preferred. Ideally we would like to see 8+ years risk management, insurance, and multi-line claims management in a corporate or broker environment.
About Burlington Stores, Inc.
The roots of Burlington go back to 1924 when we started as a wholesaler of ladies’ coats and juniors’ suits. In 1972, we opened our first outlet store in Burlington, NJ. Coats were the primary offering at the original Burlington Stores, but over time we have evolved into one of the nation’s top off-price retailers.
Now a publicly traded company, we operate more than 670 stores in 48 states and Puerto Rico. Over the past 5 years, we have added more than 20 stores each year and are on our way to 1000+ stores.
Our Corporate Campus is located in Florence, New Jersey; just minutes from metro-Philadelphia, bucolic Bucks County, Pennsylvania and trendy Princeton, New Jersey. In addition, we have Buying Offices in the heart of the Fashion Districts of Los Angeles and New York City; as well as Distribution Centers in New Jersey and California.
At the center of our success are the over 36,000 associates that call Burlington Stores “home.” Each associate contributes to our growth by driving results through teamwork, open and honest communication and mutual respect. We work together, have fun together and celebrate our successes together.
Burlington Stores has remained successful b...y making value a top priority. Through strategic purchasing, we are able to offer the latest in branded clothing, shoes, accessories, baby products, and home furnishings at great savings.
Bring your talents and ambition to one of the most exciting retailers in America and watch your career take off.
We Are a Strong and Growing Brand
Revenues exceeding $6 billion in 2017.
Operates 7 state-of-the-art Distribution Centers across the US.
Publicly traded on the NYSE (BURL).
Off-Price Retail is one of the fastest growing market segments.