The Westside Waldorf School in Pacific Palisades, California is seeking a Director of Admissions to lead, develop, and drive the school’s admissions strategy to reach and maintain full enrollment of qualified students.
The Director of Admissions serves the school through the following duties and responsibilities:
• Follow the established admissions process as outlined by the school, drive and increase in enrollment
• Form, develop, and coordinate teams drawn from the faculty and community to inform and implement the Admissions strategy
* Keep student files in compliance
• Oversee re-enrollment
Implement a long-range admissions strategy to reach and maintain full enrollment with qualified students by evaluating trends; using data to establish critical measurements; reviewing and designing new systems and processes; outreach to prospective families; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
• Analyze trends in enrollment, marketing, and outreach activities
• Ensure the outreach strategy and action plans are fully integrated and implemented
• Work closely with the Governing Council to ensure the Waldorf pedagogy and philosophy is reflected throughout the admissions funnel.
• As the initial and main point of contact, build and maintain a strong relationship between the school and prospective families
• Provide a welcoming, informed gateway to WWS and Waldorf Education in general
• Form and lead teams of College of Teachers, faculty, volunteers, parents, Board of Trustees and community members to support all admissions efforts
• Develop a base of feeder schools through cultivated relationships
• Lead outreach and admissions activities to provide prospective families with accurate information about WWS and to encourage them to take the next step of applying for admission. Review and modify admissions activities to achieve this goal
* Work closely with the Early Childhood Department to provide a ‘pipeline’ to long-term enrollment
• Develop and maintain a professional, efficient, and easy to use communication protocol to contact and shepherd prospective families through the admissions process
• Manage, improve, implement, and monitor the admissions process for existing and new families, including:
*Responding to all inquiries in a timely, friendly, and informative manner
*Using tuition assistance, scholarship information, and other financial policies as appropriate to support students' enrollment with an understanding of the financial realities of the school
o Coordinating visits for parents and students
o Managing the school’s intake assessment processes, readiness guidelines and related documentation
o Working with the Admissions Committee to ensure admissions decisions are fully informed, conditions of acceptance are clear, and communicated.
o Tracking families in the inquiry/application/enrollment process
• Review and improve admissions procedures annually
Other Areas of Work
• Ensure all records, databases, and files are held confidentially, are current, and are professionally organized for ease of access, accuracy, and business continuity
• Coordinate orientation procedures for new families
• Work with the Tuition Assistance Committee
• Representthe School and maintain our good standings with area professional organizations, such as ESASD, in support of independent school admissions. Maintain and follow all admissions timelines and agreements.
• Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned by the School Administrative Chair
• Work through the administrative framework to keep other school constituencies informed of and involved in the progress and needs of the admissions department including reports to faculty, staff, Board of Trustees, College of teachers and other groups as needed.
This position is supported by and reports to the School Administrative Chair
Competitive salary, health, dental, short and long-term disability, 403b with matching, tuition remission, and professional development benefits.
Please send your resume via email with a cover letter and professional references to: email@example.com
Have at least 3+ years of experience as a Director of Admissions Experience in Waldorf Education is a plus; willingness to learn is a necessity
• Have a warm, outgoing, friendly, and professional personality and demeanor
• The ability to enthusiastically market WWS to prospective new families
• Be a collaborative leader with other areas of leadership and the wider community
• Be able to lead, supervise, coach, and manage the work of the faculty and volunteers in terms of the admissions work
• Be able to cultivate internal and external relationships leading to increased awareness of and interest in WWS
• Be proficient in using database systems to input and use data gathered and generating user friendly reports. Experience with BigSis is a plus
• Be proficient in using computer software packages
• Be a strategic thinking and project manager
• Possess a detailed understanding of the admissions process, cycle, and constituent parts
• Possess a good understanding of contemporary educational issues and different educational models to help advise and guide parents seeking a school
• Possess a good understanding of learning differences as they affect school choice
• Have a working knowledge of marketing and PR practices relevant to admissions outreach
• Show a mastery of oral and written communication skills