Digital Communications Manager - Iselin, NJ-1901519 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Digital Communications Manager – Catalysts (1901519) – Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a talented professional like you to develop and execute the Catalysts division external digital strategy. You will also support a digital approach in business unit communications strategies and drive innovative, high impact ways to execute communication tactics. You will support the Catalysts division's vision and reputation by carrying out the responsibilities below.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your deep knowledge of digital platforms, you will enhance the awareness and position of BASF Catalysts in target markets through social media and digital platforms.
· Your social medial savvy will serve you well as you identify new social media trends and opportunities and advise how the business can expand its social media activity to maximize business goals.
· Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, you will develop, implement, and manage the divisional external digital media strategy.
· Relying on your strong people leadership skills, you will drive and manage one direct report to implement digital strategy and execute communications tactics. Additionally, you will encourage your direct report to take on development assignments and opportunities.
· Utilizing your strong computer and written communication skills, you will manage the external website and databases, which includes crafting divisional messaging and positioning to ensure business-specific content supports Catalysts strategy. Additionally, you will integrate business unit specific content into external platforms to ensure alignment with the divisional vision.
· Your strong organizational skills will be essential as you support and execute regional, global and trade communications programs across digital platforms.
· Your robust analytical skills will be vital as you monitor and analyze campaign performances and industry trends and use data to drive editorial recommendations.
· Working effectively as a team player, you will support the Senior Manager on the division media strategy.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will partner with Communications Managers to develop digital media plans for business and commercial activity. You will also work with team members to identify pain points and find tools to help automate processes and upgrade existing platforms.
C reate Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Iselin
Function: PRCO - Public Relations, Communication & Government Affairs
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.