The Washington Times is seeking an experienced, self-starting political reporter to cover Washington’s advocacy groups. This is a new beat in which the ability to spot stories and develop and cultivate sources will be critical. As part of our Politics Team, the political advocacy reporter will be expected to produce a steady stream of daily and enterprise coverage on both the politics and policy sides, as well as contribute to coverage of the three branches of government. A strong, fast writer who can quickly file stories to the website and then develop them to give readers additional insight is mandatory.
At least five years' experience covering Washington politics or five years covering a state legislature is preferred. Fast-paced, often highly pressured newsroom environment with strict deadlines. Must be able to structure work assignments with minimal supervision.
Additional Salary Information: The Washington Times offers a competitive base salary and commission, as well as, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and a generous paid time off program, matching 401(k) plan, and FREE on-site parking! If you have a huge drive to succeed, outstanding work ethic, integrity, a proven professional with excellent communication skills who is ready to take the lead, apply TODAY!
About The Washington Times
THE WASHINGTON TIMES CAREERS…… Get to know who we are from the inside out starting from our history, culture and the people behind our stories. Come work for The Washington Times and make the world part of your day.
Established in 1982, The Washington Times is a well-known and respected name in Washington, D.C., with an increasingly recognizable media brand across America and around the world. Our credible reputation, built from a combination of our hard-hitting news and fearless journalism, has allowed our organization to grow and prosper at a time when much of the newspaper industry has seen massive declines.
Our company vision is ….
• The Washington Times will be the most distinctive consumed and respected source of news and ideas on the issues that shape our world.
Our company mission is….
• To inform and engage Washington, the nation, and the world on the important political, national security, and cultural issues of the day.
• Our in-depth coverage and analysis brings unique value to our consumers, advertisers, and the community which assures our profitability and growth.
Our company values are….
• Principled – Aligned with first principles of Freedom, Fa...ith, Family, Service and Participation
• Integrity – Maintaining the highest ethical standards and always doing what’s right
• Customer-focused – Letting what’s best for our readers and advertisers inform our thinking
• Innovation – Constantly looking for better ways to do things
• Collaboration – Working as a partner internally and externally
• Excellence – Adhering to the highest possible standard in all we do
• Accountability – Being responsible for decisions, actions and results