Aims Community College at a Glance: Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions: Empower Students to Succeed Enhance Operational Performance Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual is responsible for Active Directory administration, systems administration for multiple operating systems (Windows, Red Hat Linux, other Linux), and telecommunications administration; Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the institution; Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, telecommunications, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, faculty, and students. This position is required to participate in a rotating schedule of IT on-call coverage and maintenance that occurs outside of normal business hours.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, prepare, design, implement, operate, and optimize all aspects of systems and network infrastructure for a college with multiple campuses. Self-starting technical expert works with team to align current environment with industry best practices, using validated designs and reference architecture. Implement systems and network security controls to enforce business rules with guidance from Director of Network and Telecom and Information Security Director.
2. Track and analyze server, storage and network utilization to avoid service congestion and provides forecasting of potential needs to team and supervisor.
3. Cross-train colleagues and is able to quickly learn IT disciplines as needed (e.g. server virtualization, Windows server administration, Linux server administration, storage, voice, etc.) as needed to support the team. Provide guidance for work study employees as needed.
4. Serve as system owner, subject matter expert, and escalation point for server operations. Integrate and hold accountable multiple vendors in heterogeneous environment. Responsible for servers and affiliated systems of the Aims infrastructure, i.e. maintaining patching, availability, etc.
5. Introduce new technology into the infrastructure to improve network operations and support other IT initiatives. Implement and install new technologies into the Aims infrastructure. In some cases, new technologies are governed by projects at higher levels and in other cases it is incumbent upon the position to implement technology as a result of system updates and patches. Participate in on-call rotation for NaT team. Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Bachelors degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or combination of education and experience, plus four (4) years of related experience. - 3 years experience working with multiple operating system platforms (e.g. Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, etc.) - 2 years experience with the principles and practice of system configuration management.
Ability to solve problems quickly Ability to establish processes and automate them to track and implement system solutions Ability to modify systems to meet new security requirements Prior experience participating in strategic IT planning Prior experience in virtualized environment with VMware.