Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Equity Risk System (ERS) group's main focus is a company-wide equity derivative risk and pricing plant (RiskViewer) that is used in all trading centers by traders and risk managers. RiskViewer enables trading decisions and risk management by near real-time calculation of value and risk measures of firm positions.
Within the ERS group, the Derived Market Data team is responsible for managing all structured data inputs into analytic models (e.g. dividends, rates, volatility, and correlations) for real-time pricing and end-of-day risk. This team owns the ERS derived market data platform which is responsible for data calibration using distributed processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop), storage in referential and distributed databases (Sybase, MapR), and real-time data distribution. The team currently consists of 7 members in our Budapest, London, Frankfurt and offices.
- You will work as a developer in the Budapest team, and will be responsible for developing technology solutions for real-time creation and distribution of risk and pricing data for the firm's Equities business
- You will be working on the existing platforms, predominately core Java and traditional RDMS Systems (Sybase), although a transition is underway to migrate to a new technology stack based on the MapR distribution of Hadoop and Akka
- You will be interacting with colleagues from technology and strat teams globally to clarify requirements and formulate solutions.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a strong technology background in core Java with an understanding of threading, concurrency, object oriented design and relational databases
- You have strong communication skills and are a team player
- You have knowledge of the Linux operating system and likely a scripting language, possibly Python or Perl
- You have an interest in financial markets
- You are a motivated and ambitious individual looking for a challenge and have a strong track record of delivery
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 5874376
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.