Environment At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
Mission Description of the Business Line or Department MARK (the market activity department of Société Générale) London brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies and Commodities capabilities on sales Engineering and trading activities, with the objective to prove investors with one integrated broad & multi-asset flow and structured product sales. Clients are ranging from highly sophisticated financial institutions (hedge fund, Asset Managers, Insurance companies...) to serve them with their asset liability management, capital protection, hedging or the optimization of their overall return, to family offices and distributors offering bespoke services to support the design, marketing and after-sale service of their products.
Summary of the key purposes of the role The candidate will be part of the Business management (COO) Office. The Business manager Office is responsible for supporting business line Heads and facilitating business activity, acting as a point of contact for queries relating to support and control from the business group and controlling and supervising the activity of the group. The candidate will also be actively part of the on-going transversal projects impacting the UK platform.
The scope of the function covers the whole MARK London platform.
The position is based in SG Investment Banking Branch in London.
Summary of responsibilities - Be a key stakeholder in the implementation of a local MARK governance in the frame of the senior management regime and the perspective of Brexit with the perspective of SG London branch becoming a Third Country branch.
- Définition, production & Follow-up of dashboards (HR, PnL, expenses, other costs...), follow-up all the IT issues of the staff
- Interacting closely and permanently with the various Support or Control functions concerned, in particular the first line of defence ( LOD1) , so as to ensure proper alignment and fruitful cooperation with the business.
- Implementing the relevant controls on the Front Office side, ensuring proper reporting to MARK London Senior Management and follow up on action plans. This permanent effort needs to be driven by a risk-based approach, whereby controls will need to focus in priority on the main areas of risk for our business. Overlaps with controls falling within the scope of responsibility of other department of the bank need to be avoided;
- Following up projects meant to address gaps in our organization, processes or systems, in relation with Sales and Trading Governance issues;
- Follow-up of the business project development, New product committees.
- Preparing one-off presentations for the management;
- Participating to existing regulatory projects by delivering initiatives necessary to ensure the compliance with the regulation / preparation of any Audit, Inspection regulator deep dives.
- Contribute and play an active role to the business managers community creation.
Profile Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance. A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated. You are fluent in English. You are proficient in Office application
Competencies - Communication skills - Strong adaptability in a rapidly moving environment - Reliability and rigor/attention to details - Capacity to prioritize and organize - Autonomy - Analytical skills - Teamwork & cooperation spirit - Reactivity and anticipation - Flexibility, ability to work under pressure - Must show initiative and due diligence - Sociable / Interpersonal relationship, capable of challenging people, communicating with diverse teams by email, conf call, one-to-one meeting.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months. The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com , in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
Evolution To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Internal Number: 5874817
About SOCIETE GENERALE Corporate & Investment Banking
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.