Sr Coding Specialist - Vanderbilt Home Care Services
Required: High School Diploma or GED, 4 years relevant experience andAAPC CPC, AHIMA CCS, AHIMA CCS-P, RHIT or RHIA certification required.
JOB SUMMARY: Reviews, accurately assigns, and abstracts diagnostic and procedural codes to encounters using designated coding classification independently. Supports on-going training and development of staff.
Review all Medicare coding/OASIS before submission to CMS. Complete Medical Record audits for required regulatory documentation prior to billing.
Vanderbilt HomeCare provides caregivers in the patient's own environment under the directionof the patient's physician. When you or your loved one receives care fromVanderbilt Home Care, you are in the hands of highly skilled, compassionateindividuals. We take pride in our work and feel privileged to be part of one ofthe country's most respected medical centers.
Our Missionand Values:
Our mission isto provide excellence in home care with the high standards that we would expectfor our own family and loved ones. Our values include:
Support for community based home services through excellence in clinical practice and education
Patient safety and quality
Strong interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and partnership
Evidenced based practice and clinical expertise
Technology enhanced innovation
The Home Health Quality team is a small taskoriented team which consists of a quality educator, a quality data analyst, andquality reviewer. They work closely together with clinical managers to providemeaningful data on home health patient population and clinician best practices.
MEDICAL CODING (ADVANCED):- The transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (ADVANCED):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
CRITICAL THINKING (ADVANCED):- The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
COMPLIANCE (ADVANCED):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because weare committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, weare proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals inthe U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
Â·The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
Â·National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honoredin Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal:Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
AmericanHospital Association:among the 100"Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.